FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dry Cough on Taxol

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
archanapc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote archanapc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dry Cough on Taxol
    Posted: Jan 23 2019 at 1:20pm
I've had 5 doses of Taxol so far and am scheduled to get 7 more. Two weeks into Taxol, I ended up with severe runny nose and three weeks into Taxol I developed dry cough. It flares up when I am up and about and especially when I am talking or moving around. It dies down at night and when I am sedentary. Anyone else experienced this while on Taxol? I meet with my oncologist on Monday and will discuss this with him too. 
I've read on BC forums that Taxol does has negative effects on lungs similar to radiation. This is freaking me out Ouch
Lisa s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lisa s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2019 at 5:38pm
Yes!!  runny nose and watery eyes.  Cough was so random doc did xray but all was good.  Chalked it up to Taxol.
JenHammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JenHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2019 at 12:17pm
I just finished Taxol and Carbo two weeks ago. The runny nose and watery eyes were a big part of my side effects. I also seemed to have a daily bloody nose to some extent. They seem to finally be slowing down a bit.

I had a cough that seemed to stem more from a dry mouth/throat. 

It definitely doesn't hurt to talk with your oncologist. Never forget that YOU are your own best advocate. Always, always speak up.
IDC, 3.1 cm, Stage IIb, ACx4 (finished 9/6/18), Carbo/Taxol weekly for 12 weeks (finished 1/10/19), surgery to follow, and then radiation
Beth TNBC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Beth TNBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2019 at 1:17pm
Hi,
I also had had the runny nose but not runny eyes. My cough was more due to the "tickle" or scratchy feeling in my throat. A while after finishing Taxol these troublesome things went away. But certainly talk to your oncologist about it.
ElizabethDarcy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElizabethDarcy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2019 at 9:23am
Funny that you mention that. I just finished round 5 of Taxol and have 7 more to go. I have recently noticed a dry cough and my nose has basically been runny since I started chemo with AC. I meant to say something to my doctor this past visit, but forgot since I had so many other questions! I am interested in hearing what your doctor has to say. I won't see my oncologist for another 2 wks.
archanapc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote archanapc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2019 at 12:14pm
My chest x ray came out to be normal. Healthy lungs and heart with no area of concern. My oncologist believes its the post nasal drip from my nose that causes irritation near my throat and hence the cough. The cough is now almost gone, I only get bouts of it when I wake up in the morning. My onco thinks it should go away once taxol stops. 
My 16th and last round of chemo is scheduled for this Friday Party, I cannot wait to be done and get rid of all the side effects such as inflammation surrounding my finger and foot nails, skin rashes, fatigue, swollen feet due to water retention, hand foot syndrome, joint pain etc etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic