FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Diagnosed at 33yrs old and 25 wks pregnant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Fallmomma929 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fallmomma929 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diagnosed at 33yrs old and 25 wks pregnant
    Posted: Jun 24 2018 at 2:35am
I was just diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer officially on Friday, just a day and a half ago. I’m 33 years old, and pregnant with my first baby, due 9/29. It’s been a long few days. I would love to hear some success stories. And I would also appreciate some candid thoughts. I’m starting chemo a week from Monday. To my understanding, they are calling it stage II since it has also spread to my lymph node. I want to be hopeful, but I need to be realistic. I have a daughter coming sooner than expected- we will deliver early, but not sure how early yet. I want to be hopeful for a long life with my boyfriend and daughter, but some of the stuff I’m reading is just terrifying. I’ll have surgery after I deliver, probably 2 weeks after. And then probably have radiation and chemo but I’m not entirely sure about those plans yet. I just want to be able to be a parent with my boyfriend, and be a mom to our daughter. There are a lot of what ifs to think about. And getting lost in my own thoughts is the worst part
Of all of this so far. I am really sad for my boyfriend. And grateful he is the person he is. He hasn’t left my side. I have a great family and friends- they’re all so supportive. It was really hard and emotional telling them. I don’t want people to pity or feel bad for me. I want to be informed but it’s so terrifying reading all of this information. During the day, I’ve had a lot of people around me which has helped me from keeping my mind off of things. But at night, when I can’t sleep is when I’m just lost in my thoughts and start googling things to read. Are there any other women out there diagnosed during pregnancy?
parrynd1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parrynd1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2018 at 12:06pm
Hi,

Sorry to have to have you find us here but I’m glad you did! I wasn’t pregnant when I was diagnosed, but I was young, age 28, and planning a wedding and pregnancy with 9 months left till I graduated with my bachelors. That was the plan anyways, but life made other plans. I can tell you google is the worst. You think it will make you feel better to know all the statistics and information, but in reality you don’t know if those groups studied really apply to your situation. I think google is good to reasesrch treatment options and information about surgery, chemo, radiation. I’m not going to lie and say everything will be sunshine and rainbows, but there are so many success stories and survivorship out there that I encourage you to look for. I found a few blogs from young adults with TNBC and that helped me with what to expect and just connect with someone going through a similar situation.

We are now getting married in Jan on our 10 year anniversary and looking to start a family via surrogate in 2019. There is hope and hardship ahead but that’s how life goes I think. I’ll keep you in my prayers and wish the best for your baby girl, you and family!
Dx 9/016 Age 28, 3c, Grade 3, 1/5 Nodes, BRCA -, KI-67 >90%, I-Spy 2, DD A/C, Lumpectomy w/ 3 nodes removed, TC, Rads
2/2018 recurrence + brain & lung mets, Craniotomy, SRS, IPI-549, Opdivo/Avastin
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2018 at 8:24pm
We've had several members who were diagnosed when pregnant or just after delivery.  I believe it's called Pregnancy Associated Breast Cancer.  I can tell you the ones I'm in contact with are doing well and their babies are growing up fast!

http://forum.tnbcfoundation.org/tnbc-after-baby_topic12343_post125246.html?KW=Pregnancy+Associated+Breast+Cancer#125246
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Leahstuffle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahstuffle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2018 at 11:39am
Hey, Fallmomma!
Wondering how you are doing? I'm 20 weeks pregnant and finished my third round of AC last week. Praying for a pCR for you and for myself!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic