FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CORONA VIRUS VACCINATION IS IT SAFE?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tasoula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasoula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CORONA VIRUS VACCINATION IS IT SAFE?
    Posted: Mar 26 2021 at 4:26am
HELLO ALL!
HOPE ALL YOU ARE SAFE!
 I WANTED TO ASK YOU WHAT YOUR ONCOLOGISTS RECOMMENDS IS IT SAFE FOR PEOPLE WHO HAD TRIPLE NEGATIVE BREAST CANCER , IS SAFE TO GET VACCINED OR IS IT DANGEROUS. WONDERING BECAUSE IS NOT ENOUGH TESTED IF FOR SOME REASON IS DANGEROUS FOR ANY CANCER CELLS.

I WILL APPRECIATE YOUR OPINION AND YOUR HELP! I ALWAYS HAVE AND HAD THE BEST SUPPORT EVER HERE AND THANK YOU ALL!!

THANK YOU!!
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2021 at 8:03am

Which COVID-19 vaccine is best for cancer patients?

With three COVID-19 vaccines now authorized for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), you might be wondering which vaccine is best for current and former cancer patients. After reviewing all available data, MD Anderson medical experts agree that all three vaccines are safe and recommended for cancer patients.

So, should you take Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 vaccine (J&J), which requires only one dose, if that’s what’s available? Or should you wait for one of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, which both require two doses, spaced 21 and 28 days apart, respectively?

According to our experts, the answer is clear: “Don’t pass up an opportunity to get the vaccine, no matter which one it is,” says Anita Ying, M.D., vice president of Ambulatory Medical Operations. “The best COVID-19 vaccine to get is the first one available to you.”

Some more links:

And survivors, those not undergoing active cancer treatment. Are there any reasons they shouldn’t get vaccinated?

I think that depends on when you ask the question. How much vaccine do you have [available]? If you have unlimited amounts, then everybody should get vaccinated. But when you get into vaccine allocation issues, that’s when it gets challenging.

But there’s no question that many cancer survivors have immunologic deficiencies, so I see many of them as being at high risk. Cancer survivors are also people who tend to be older and have other comorbidities—heart disease, kidney or lung dysfunction—so they’re going to have other reasons that will put them at risk for developing severe COVID-19, and those are all reasons for them to get vaccinated.

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Amrit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2021 at 7:49pm
I am currently under AC-T chemo treatment.  I received my 2nd dose of Moderna vaccine last week.  My doctor approved the vaccine for me and I am glad I got it. As far as side effects, they were manageable with Tylenol and some rest. I think the benefits of the vaccine greatly outweigh the concerns of side effects.  However, it is important that we as the patients of breast cancer consult our doctors before we get the vaccine.  And after getting the vaccine, be ready to take rest, if needed, especially, after the second dose.  If any side effects persist or intensify, consult your doctor. I am just writing about my experience as a patient.  I am not a doctor or medical professional.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic