FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Copper Depletion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jojocat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojocat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Copper Depletion
    Posted: Feb 09 2020 at 12:34am

Hi all my name is Qiong 

I have been copper depletion treatment for 5.years.  i have been cancer free for almost 6 years.  I had stage 3 TNBC 6 years ago.  After chemo therapy I still.had 5 lynthnotes positive.  The medication Tetrathiomolybdate is very easy to take. I had no side effect and beat the cancer. Now the FDA try to ban the production of this medication I believe there is a conspiracy between pharmaceutical company and FDA.  I need your help to write a letter to help us to keep the medication.   Dr. LINDA VAHDAT is going to FDA to fight soon.  Please write a letter to help us too. Below.is the letter I receive from my doctor's office.   

Dear Patient and Families,

While we have received several letters, we still can use your help by supplying more.  We have several patients on TM treatment who can use your help and support.  In fact, you may be one of them.  This is a serious matter that requires us as a team to come together in order to support each other.  Every letter counts.  Please do not take this lightly.  Please share this message with your family, friends and peers.  We ask that you attention these letters to the Attention of FDA Representative.  Please note, these letters must be physically signed with your signature.  Please don’t forget to date them as well.  Please scan and send as an attached PDF back to my email or send via FedEx/UPS overnight to our clinic.  Our address is below my signature line.  Our final days are approaching.  We must have all letters in by Monday, February 10, 2020.   We are here to help you and your loved ones.  Thank you in advance for your support. 

Sincerely,

Shan Lezark, RMA

Practice Manager

Patient Care Coordinator

4800 N. Federal Hwy. Ste. B300

Boca Raton,  FL  33431

Phone: (561) 886-0976 ext. 204

Fax: (561) 367-7388

Email: Slezark@amtcare.com

I also attach my letter below 

Dear FDA officers:
I am writing to stop banning the production of the medication Tetrathiomolybdate. I have been take Tetratetrathiomolybdate for 5 years. It saved my life and reduced my copper level rapidly without any side effects.
My name is Qiong Chen. I am a public school bilingual teacher in New York. I am also a single mother with 2 girls. Six years ago, I was diagnosed with stage 3 triple negative breast cancer. I had chemo therapy before the surgery. After the chemo, my surgeon still found live cancers in my tumor and the lymph notes. I was devastated and requested more chemo therapy. I truly thought I was dying.
During the therapy, I never gave up to look for other promising treatments. At the time I was on my phone searching for promising treatments every night after my daughters fell asleep. One night I was searching topics about triple negative breast cancer. One treatment popped up on my screen. It was a journal published in Chinese news paper. It is about a first phase clinical trial done in New York by Dr. Linda Vahdat. The clinical trial had very promising outcomes by using a type of medication called Tetradiomolydate. Dr. Linda vahdat was a professor from Cornell University. I knew that must be a real researching. I quickly reacted out to Dr. Vahdat's office. Unfortunately, Dr vahdat told me she was not able to get me into the clinical trial and she couldn't prescribe me the medication since the treatment was not approved by FDA yet. Meanwhile, she told me the medication is very promising. Many stage 4 patients continued to take the medication and stayed out of cancer for a long time. I did not gave up. My friend helped me call all the pharmacies where produced TM and called all Doctors on the list. Luckily, I found Dr. Mark Rosenberg who was willing to help me to prescribe the medication. The medication helped me drop the copper level rapidly. Now I am still here teaching and watching my daughters grow. I have been 6 years cancer free since they discovered my cancer.
I continue to visit Dr. Vahdat every year for checkups. I really appreciate what she has helped me. She always listen to what I say and take my opinion into consideration. I trusted her because she never made any profit out of tetrathiomolybdate treatment. She simply just wanted to help me and to save my life. She is a doctor who truly cares about her patients. We need more doctors like her.
Dr. Mark Rosenberg is very kind and trustworthy too. During the first consultation, he told me his mother died due to breast cancer. He understood my feeling and was willing to help me. He had a team of people including nurses and receptionists working with him and serving his patients, but he charged me nearly nothing. I can see he has passions to fight cancer and truly knows how well Tetrathiomolybdate works. It has saved so many people like me.
The medication not only save my life physically but also eased my mind. I had been in frightening state all of time since I was diagnosed. Once my friend told me how scared people was before a plane crash. I told her I was in the mode for a whole year. It was just simply scary. I was a single mother with two little daughters. I had to go to work right after chemo therapy because I had to pay for the living. I had no other relatives in the United States. One time I was very sick and devastated. I worried I may die and leave my two young children alone at home. I called for help and then my friends brought couples to see my daughters for adoption. It was so heart breaking and hopeless. However, the existence of Tetrathiomolybdate totally eased my mind and I felt hopeful and protected. I am a scholar myself and I know how to read datas and find reliable treatments. Many researches shows how promising the treatment of Tetrathiomolybdate is and from my experience I know how quick it works to deplete the copper without any side effect. The medication is very save.
It is hard to understand why FDA has to ban the production of Tetrathiomolybdate. It depletes copper quickly. Beside cancer patients, there are Wilson disease patients who need it. I do not understand this part and will continue to fight for it.
I also refered this medication to my friend Qin Xu. She had breast cancer 10 years ago. She is a cancer oncologist. She helped me go through my cancer treatment and always was there for me. After I entered my remission. She found her cancer came back. After reading all the researches, she started to take Tetrathiomolybdate treatment herself. She has been cancer free for 2 years since the cancer came back.
We are both devastated to hear that Tetrathiomolybdate might be banned for production. Without this medication, I am afraid I might die since the cancer was spread to other part of my body already. I can't live without this medication. Please save my life. I want to be there for my children until they grow up. Please keep the production of Tetrathiomolybdate for me and for other patients like me who are taking this treatment and doing very well.

Sincerely

Ps. As the Coronavirus spread in China. My heart ache for the people who are suffering. I hope there is medication for them. I could never imagine those people died before me. I thought I would not survive. Tetrathiomolybdate is a hope for me just as Coronavirus patients need hope.

DX 10/24/2013 Between stage 2b and 3a. 2 big nods 1.8cm a d 1.4 cm. tumor 4.5 cm.   35 years old. 11/15/2013. AC/T
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2020 at 8:10am
I'm just reading this and can't understand why the FDA would stop production of Tetrathiomolybdate.  This study seemed so promising.  I hope Dr. Vahdat is successful in her fight.
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic