FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clinical Trials For IBC MDA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clinical Trials For IBC MDA
    Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 1:59pm
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 10:30am
Dear all,

Pam, thank you for posting this link. MD Anderson Cancer Centers is the leading in the U.S. for breast cancer clinical trials, in general, and for IBC, in particular.

I found the IBC conference to be very informative. One of the best experiences for me, personally, at The IBC Conference was an opportunity to get to know Dr. Naoto Ueno and Jie Willey. Dr. Ueno is the Director of the IBC Center at MD Anderson Cancer Center and he is a dedicated researcher and clinician. I find him to be a caring physician and very knowledgeable about IBC, TNBC, Advanced Breast Cancer and Bone Metastasis.

I have interacted with Jie for several years. She is most likely the person you might talk to, first, about one of MD Anderson Cancer Center's IBC clinical trials. She has a MSN degree and heavy clinical trials experience. She is a dedicated professional. On a personal level I also find that her experience in palliative care to be very helpful.

I also was fortunate to meet Dr. Vicente Valero. He is involved with IBC clinical trials, as well, and is an excellent highly knowledgeable and experienced clinician and educator. In addition to his interest in IBC he also has a profound interest in Advanced Breast Cancer.

warmly,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic