FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Children in the Home/ Cleaning etc

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MommaWise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MommaWise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Children in the Home/ Cleaning etc
    Posted: Apr 26 2016 at 3:24pm
Hi Ladies, I just went to the chemo therapist yesterday for the initial appointment and am so confused. My daughter and her family (husband and 3 children 2,5 and 7) live with me and the Dr is saying pretty much no contact with the littles! I am sooo sad. How do you Mom's or Grandma's deal with this. My daughter is thinking they all need to move out now. I am also kind of freaking on the "stay out of the public, be clean and treat yourself like a newborn." How do you walk outside for excersize or do anything. How do you tell friends that want to bring you food that you can't eat it, because it might be contaminated. He also said no  eating salad. I am at a loss. 
Right now he is saying I will start chemo 4 to 12wks from the date of my surgery, which was Mar 30 and after I get a PET scan and heart test, along with a CVC inserted. Next appointment is Mar 12.  so I have a little time, but some answers would be awesome.
I have no idea how to post my diagnosis at the bottom, but it is TNBC Stage2A Grade 3 Lumpectomy with no positive nodes or margins. 2.3 cm DX Mar 2016
gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2016 at 5:57pm
You just don't want to get sick during your treatments, that's all. If it means you get isolated since kids can get sick from school and such... that's all they are saying because if you are ,since and they postpone some treatments, that's not the best scenario for you, but they give you some antibiotics I think before first chemo, wife had so much chemo can't remember.
wife: IDC/Lobular Stage2B 2008 lumpectomy/TAC+rads
TNBC Stage 3A/w/metaplastic/squamous Nov2015 Carboplatin-Gemzar chemo/masectomy Taxolchemo+rads 4-16
PET scan stable 9-2016/ 1-2017
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic