FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chemo for TNBC women > 70

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chemo for TNBC women > 70
    Posted: Dec 31 2020 at 1:29pm
Dear TNBC family,

https://www.medpagetoday.org/hematologyoncology/breastcancer/90486?xid=nl_mpt_DHE_2020-12-31&eun=g466704d0r&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily%20Headlines%20Top%20Cat%20HeC%20%202020-12-31&utm_term=NL_Daily_DHE_dual-gmail-definition

I found this article very interesting and hopeful for TNBC women who are 70+. As stated women over 70 are rarely included in clinical trials, so there has been a dearth of data.

I am not suggesting that anyone over 70, start or not start chemotherapy but if the circumstances make sense a conversation with your oncologist regarding the above article may make sense.

Would like to wish everyone here, regardless of age, a very Happy, Healthy New Year. 

Please be safe.

with my love to all here,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
Plume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2021 at 6:59am
Hi Steve

You have just given me the BEST New Year present!  I am an "older" woman, 68 when I was diagnosed and am now 71.

Thank goodness, and my oncology team, for giving me chemo after surgery and after that radio also.  Touch wood, to date, I feel great, super active and functioning in all departmentsLOL

What a treasure you are, Steve!  I am even more happy and smiley than I was earlier today.

Thank you for all the trouble you take to give us the encouragement and practical help that you do. 

Happy New Year and you take care of yourself as well!
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2021 at 8:30am
Bon jour, Plume,

You have made my New Year with your kind words.

Bon chance,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic