FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chemo finished

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GRANNY View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRANNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chemo finished
    Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 6:29pm
Big%20smileI can not believe chemo is over.  Last dose 08-31-09 slight set back now I have steriod induced diabetes.  Hopefully this will pass soon.  My blood sugar came down to 222 at noon today.  Yesterday I had 20 units insulin and today only 16 units hopefully tomorrow it will be better.  They have also had to start me on 40mg lasix for fluid retention.  Do not be frightened I had a severe reaction to the chemo so steriods iv and oral steriods had to be given.  (Taxorene reaction)  Now if I can just get off the insulin and lasix I can save some extra expense.  ( and sticking myself with needles)  It is a good thing I am a nurse but needles still hurt.  I also have had a open and draining wound to my right breast since 6-5-09 and tonight no drainage the spot has no opening!!!!!!  I have a small cyst next to where the open area is it will be ultrasounded but I feel it just needs to absorb.  I had my genitic testing BRAC 1 and 2 testing done Friday no results yet.  The testing place in California will battle it out with the insurance company before running the blood.  The cost is 3,600.00 is that normal or does anyone know?  I meet with the radiation onocolgist 09-09-09 The surgeon had said it would be 5 to 6 weeks of radiation I am really interested to hear what the radiation onocolgist says.   Anyone who would like to give me there input on what to expect from radiation it would be appreciated.  Wonderful news on the home front Our fourth grandchild arrived on 08-22-09 at 722pm 6lbs 10oz and 19 inches long  named Avery Jane.  She is our 3rd grandaughter and we have one grandson.  We feel so blessed.    God Blessing to all Julia Pink%20Ribbon

Edited by GRANNY - Sep 03 2009 at 6:31pm
MaryinSarasota View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryinSarasota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2009 at 2:32am
Granny,

So glad to hear the chemo is over. You have had a rough time of it. More so than "normal" TNBC chemo. Sounds like your plate is more than full. Here's to hoping your tests come back NEG for BRCA. The price is correct unfortunately.

Congrats on Avery Jane. A very positive light indeed.

Have a safe and germ-free Labor Day Weekend.

Mary
53 @ Dx 5/08 Stage 1, grade 3, IDC 1.6 cm, 0 nodes, TNBC, lumpectomy, chemo TAC-6, radiation-34 12/18/08
NED-10/09, PBM w/TE recon. 7/10, removal of TE/infec 8/10. CT chest. Rec fat-graft & stem cells
Dot L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dot L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2009 at 2:51pm
Granny,
Know how relieved you are to know the chemo is over.  Hope you
recover soon from the side affects.  I just had my second treatment
(really sick for a few days) and am amazed how all of you deal
with this disease!
Good luck to you  and your new gbaby.  How wonderful!
Dot Lee
elaineb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elaineb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2009 at 3:51am
Congrats on being done and welcoming a sweet baby into the world!  Hopefully, the side effects you are having will also be gone soon.

I did the partial breast radiation, so my rads was prior to my chemo. I think the positioning and time frame is still the same though.  I had a really hard time staying still so I downloaded a really good book onto my ipod and took it with me.  I did 10 sessions and made it to chapter 9.  Hoping I get to finish it during chemo.

I have some pink around the radiation site, but that it is about it.  Felt a little tired midweek, but think thats because my first appt was at 0630 am.  I understand the six week treatment causes much more fatigue.

Congrats again!
Dx 7/09 1.1 cm, Stage 1, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes TNBC
Lumpectomy 7/23/09
PB Rads x 1 week 8/31
TC x 6 9/8
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2009 at 5:05pm
Granny,

Congrats on being thru with the chemo!
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic