FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chemo and diabetes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lawsonval View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lawsonval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chemo and diabetes
    Posted: Jul 28 2019 at 5:43pm
i am in the beginning of my treatment, BCS and sentinel lymph node recently removed, 7 mm, tnbc, T1b,NO, and visited medical and radiation oncologists last week.  I am in the “consider” range for chemo. Is there any reading that you could recommend about chemo and type 2 diabetes?  I understand that the steroids given with ceremony can affect blood sugar.  Thanks, Val
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2019 at 6:35pm
Hi Val,

I'm not sure about chemo and type2 diabetes, but there have been several women in this group diagnosed with TNBC and diabetic and have gone through treatment.  You could ask the oncologist how they would monitor you for possible problems.  Maybe others will post offering more information.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Lawsonval View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lawsonval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2019 at 9:57am
I just went thru my first treatment with TC and steroids, blood sugar up to 300, which is not great but manageable , it’s since come down, to normal after the end of the steroids
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic