FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chemo # 2 ALL ABOARD! lol

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tabatha00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabatha00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chemo # 2 ALL ABOARD! lol
    Posted: Sep 17 2009 at 9:07am

I am having my 2nd A/C tomorrow and would like to ask for prayers.   I had some stomach issues last time but I'm hoping since I've been on Prilosec for 2 weeks now that maybe those issues won't come up this time. 

I'll also be meeting with my oncologist right after my chemo treatment and I still have a bacterial infection under my armpits.   It's better and the knots are not as big but of course it has me freaked out a little bit even though the on-call oncologist said that when my white blood cells tanked on day 7 and 8 a bacterial infection set in and it will just take time to go away.   I HEARD HER SAY THOSE EXACT WORDS and yet I question her.   Like I'm a Dr or something.   lol

Anyway, pls send up a prayer for me tomorrow if you don't mind!  

Tabatha

unklez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unklez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2009 at 9:24am
Good luck Tabatha. DW and I are following you closely. We should be starting chemo #1 in about a week's time.

I usually do not trust any on-call doctor unless it is my own doctor even for minor diseases. So my suggestion is SHOW your oncologist the knots tomorrow. Having said that, it could be an infection or a bruise from the surgery or something serious. At the very least the doc should see it and feel it before telling you what it is.

Sending up a prayer!

Regards, Unkle

Wife Dx: Jul/09. Age: 37. Size: 3cm. BRCA: -ve. Lumpectomy: Aug/09. Micromet 1/9 node. Chemo Start: Sep/09. E5103. DD ACB-> DD Abraxane (Taxol reaction). Zometa (S0307). Canadian Fraction Rads.
Tabatha00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabatha00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2009 at 9:36am
The on-call oncologist explained it pretty dang well though.   I even did a search online and it's exactly like she said it was but I will show my oncologist tomorrow (as bad as I hate to out of fear he'll say something different).......ain't that how it goes though?  lol

God is walking with me and I WILL be o.k.    Thanks for the prayers!
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2009 at 10:02am
Good luck tomorrow,

We have to gulp down the fear and as Unkle said, show them what is wrong. 

Hope you have read our chemo tips?  Be sure and get a chemo bag together, with water, snacks, book/paper/mags., things to pass the time.  I just read again online that ginger is supposed to help with nausea if you have had that issue.
Take a notebook/pen and be sure and ask the nurses any questions, none are silly.

Hope someone will be able to go with you or atleast drop you off, bring back lunch or spend some time with you, this also helps.  Maybe plan a nice lunch afterwards. 

Keep us posted,

Edited by trip2 - Sep 17 2009 at 10:04am
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
Tabatha00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabatha00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2009 at 10:05am
My sister is taking me.    I get treatment 2.5 hours away so there is no way I'd feel comfortable driving myself home.   My infusion lasts about an hour and a half and last time I had my husband there to talk to me but it was my first treatment and that's the only time they let someone sit back there with you.    I have my iPod and maybe I can find a book to take to read.   The time goes by pretty quick since I talked to the nurses and the guy sitting beside me a lot while I was there.   lol
gmoney2400 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney2400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2009 at 10:12am
Sending a prayer up now!! Good luck tomorrow.

Gillian
Diagnosed April/08
Stage III, Grade 3
4AC/4Taxol completed May-August 08
October 08-Bilat-Mastectomy
November 08- Radiation
BRCA-
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2009 at 11:42am
Ask your onc about trying a different anti-nausea med, everyone is different and usually if you change it up you'll find one that will help with the stomach (Zofran, Emend, etc. )  I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic