FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chemo 1 out of the way!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Romey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Romey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chemo 1 out of the way!
    Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 10:48am
I had my first chemo on Sept. 19th. Thank goodness it went along uneventful. I did have some terrible heartburn that first night, but Maximum Strenght Zantac did take care of it. HOWEVER, I returned the next day for my Neulasta shot and that knocked me on my BUTT!! I went to work achey and tired thinking I would push through it, boy was I wrong. I barely made it til lunchtime. I left and slept from Friday afternoon straight through til Sunday, and I still feel tired today (Monday), Wish I had of known about that bad boy! I did the Aleve and Claritan, that was a joke to my body. I guess if that is my doctors Plan A for me continuing to work, I hope he comes up with a Plan B real soon. My genetic testing also came back the first day of my treatment. The dr. said it was positive for Bracca 1 mutation, but we would worry about that later, lets just get through the chemo today. To scared to go to Dr. Google today, maybe another day.
DX IDC TNBC 7/12 age 48, PET/CT 8/12, Stage 2 Grade 3, T/C X6 9/12
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 11:21am
Hi Romey,

Congrats on finishing round one!  I found days 3-7 the toughest following infusion.  I was able to work from home, which helped.  Week one following chemo was tough, but got better weeks two and three.  I also needed to take Pepcid AC every day.

You can research later about BRCA 1.  There are several threads on this forum talking about it.  You should also meet with a certified genetics counselor that can explain your results.  Your oncologists office should be able to direct you to such a person.  Being BRCA 1 will probably change your surgery options, but since you are getting chemo now, you have some time before you need to make any decision.

Donna

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic