FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carboplatin in first cancer occurance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ratherBdiving View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ratherBdiving Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2009 at 10:22am
Hi Alex -

My Onc. said that carbo was a relatively new addition to the battle against TNBC but they were having great results.  Carbo seems to work well specifically on TNBC.  If you read above in this post, Connie posted a great study and you will see results that other women on the site have had.  Apperently certain centers have been using carbo for quite some time and it is growing in "popularity".

You said you had the same regime as I am having.  Are you finished with chemo now?  How did you tolerate it?  Any side effects?  How are you doing?  I hope you are doing well and having great results with your treatment!!!

Terra
dx 5/09, age 35, IDC TNBC, BRCA-
stage 1, grade 3, 1.2 cm
bi-mx 6/09, expander recon, SNB - neg 0/2
A/C 4x DD, T/Carbo 12 weekly, completed 12/10/09
NED 12/31/09
newalex View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2009 at 6:29am
Terra
I cannot find connies email. Can you pls post it in a short result summary? Thanks so much. I am doing ok. Not too much side effects but I am worried with every pain or ache.
Nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2009 at 11:16am
newalex,

Just click on page 2 of this thread and you will see Connie's post. Her user name is "cg".
Nancy
Nancy
DD Lori dx TNBC June 13,2007
Lumpectomy due to incorrect dx of a cyst
mastectomy July 6 2007
chemo ACT all 3 every 3 weeks 6 tx Aug-Nov
28 rads ended Jan 2008
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic