FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C61G (300>G) Info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tracyjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracyjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C61G (300>G) Info
    Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 9:55pm
Big smile
Hello,

I just returned home from a BRCA support group. I am BRCA1 pos, but only know the status of 1 out of 3 tumors, which was ER+. I know this is a forum for Triple Negative folks but my genetic test sequence came back with BRCA1 C61G (300>G). 

I am looking into a second opinion about the status of the other 2 tumors because I can't seem to get an answer from my current oncologist.

Is this particular code sequencing mainly associated with Triple Negative breast cancers? Does anyone know where I may find out the frequency of ER+ breast cancers with this specific coding?

Thank you.
Tongue
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 12:04am
Dear tracyjo,

I am sending you my contact information. Hopefully I can be of some use. I am a volunteer patient advocate so no charges.

Welcome to our TNBC family even though you are not TN...No problem..

warmly,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 12:18am
Dear tracyjo,

just did a little work on your mutation...seems to be a classic Polish mutation..

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15146557

I know one of the authors of this study...maybe he can be helpful?

let's talk tomorrow if convenient for you...

warmly,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic