FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bye Bye PARPi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
butterfly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bye Bye PARPi
    Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 6:35am
Hi All
I don't come here often... but wanted to share that after 27 months on a Parp Trial (oral-Olaparib)-initially with taxol...then Parpi alone.. I have come off the trial- that really had ended anyway, I was the last one on it, in the world, it was a small trial of 10 across the world to look at dosages and since then new PARPis have become the flavour of the month and showing promise, which is great..

it was time to try a new drug, with slow progression in nodes and some fluid on cavity around breast implant continually reaccumulating and having some cancer cells in it... Now Xeloda... I feel very grateful to be on it this long.. and hope that they got some good data from me to assist others..

I just felt the need to share, as when I first went on the trial, I didn't know how long I may be on it for, or how long I would be alive! I am still here, even if now changing treatment and coming up to nearly 3 years post mets diagnosis and 6 years since early bc diagnosis..

Here's to more clinical trials for us triple negs
Jo
from Australia

Diagnosed primary bc 05. surgery,chemo (AC, Taxo).rads.
March 2008 Diagnosedmets-lung,lymph nodes
Oct 08-Jan 11 PARPi Trial, (oral)with taxol then PARPi alone.
Jan 2011 Xeloda
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 8:06am
Jo,

Thanks for sharing your experience and glad the treatment lasted as long as the did for you.  Clinical trials are the only way we're going to find new treatments for us. 

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

zoomommy2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoomommy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 9:35am
Jo,
Thank you for participating in the trial.  I am sure you have added to the knowledge on fighting the beast.  Hoping that Xeloda is beneficial for you.
Lee in Denver
dx6/09,stageII,gr3,(L)mastectomy 7/09,ACx4,Taxolx7,Avastin study,gall bladder surgery 1/10,4/11 Stage 4, mets to lung, 4/11 Started Taxotere and Xeloda, 5/11 Taxotere stopped, off Xeloda
EileenF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EileenF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 1:10pm

Jo,  Thanks for sharing and giving the rest of us just starting clinical trials subtainiated hope. Best of luck to you.

7/09:IDC,stg 3,Grade3, pos lymph;chemo ACT;12/09 lumpect n lymp disect;1/10 bilat masect/tis exp; rad cmpltd 4/10; 11/10 stg 4 lungs chest axil mets & parp trial;3/11 IBC diag;
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 1:28pm
Wow, 27 months is fantastic!  Congrats on doing so well on the PARPi.  You are an inspiration to all!
(I might have asked you this before, but were you ever tested for BRCA mutations, and if so, what was the result?)
Thanks,
d
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 1:30pm
Jo: nevermind, I just saw your answer on another thread.  Wow, even more inspiring to your garden variety TN as you are BRCA-.

d
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
butterfly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 4:34pm
Thanks everyone!Smile I know how much we all need to share, to get the varied experiences on clinical trials out there.... beats reading stats and reasearch papers!!

Edited by butterfly - Jan 13 2011 at 4:36pm
Diagnosed primary bc 05. surgery,chemo (AC, Taxo).rads.
March 2008 Diagnosedmets-lung,lymph nodes
Oct 08-Jan 11 PARPi Trial, (oral)with taxol then PARPi alone.
Jan 2011 Xeloda
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic