FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BSI-201 with gemzar and carbo for TNBC with mets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bettelou68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bettelou68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BSI-201 with gemzar and carbo for TNBC with mets
    Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 1:50pm
I'm a newbie, and about to start a clinical trial with the PARP inhibitor BSI-201 plus Gemzr and Carboplatin for TN metastatic BC.

I was wondering if anyone else has heard about this treatment.

For background, I had AC&Taxol before my mastectomy, but did not respond well plus got very sick with low WBC's from it. I also had radiation after surgery. One month after radiation, a PET scan showed mets to my lungs and mediastinal and hilar nodes.

I am upset because TNBC is so aggressive. For one short month, I relaxed and thought i had beaten it. Now I have to fight all over again, and the docs are saying "treatable, not curable"

My husband and I have only been married for five months. He is saying we will celebrate our 25th anniversary. From the stats for TNBC, I just don't think I'm going to make it that long.

Bette
Lesley Ann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lesley Ann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 3:16pm
Hi,

You are not alone in this..as much as you might feel like you are.

I was diagnosed in October 2008, Stage 3 TNBC.

I did 6 TACs prior to surgery. I had  bilateral mastectomies, cause I did not want to go through this again.

I did 35 radiation treatments, and had convinced my onc to give me some more chemo "just in case"

SHe sent me for a baseline PET scan...

and I had a tumor in my spine, and suspicious areas in my hip, shoulder and a node in my left lung.

I have had Cyberknife on my spine, because the tumor was pressing on my spinal cord.

I have heard great things about the PARP trial...unfortunately I wont qualify because it went to my spine.

I have five kids ( a ten month old born a month before I was diagnosed and a 5 year old, 10 year old, 11 year old and 14 year old)

My husband and I have been married 6 years, and have blended our wonderful family. Now I have to worry that I will shatter their world by leaving too soon.

I know what its like, to feel like you didnt even get to breathe from the time you finished treatment  to knowing it "came back"...

my onc said she was going to "buy me as much time as she could"...but my DH says, "God can do anything, and only HE knows the number of our days"...and so I must trust in God...

I am here...if you need to talk
CarynRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarynRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 3:38pm
First Bettelou,

YOU ARE NOT A STATISTIC!!!  Get that first.  Even if 'they' say 75% die, 25% don't and who is to say you aren'[t part of that 25%.  As my oncologist says "there is no expiration date tatooed on your foot."

Next, The Parp inhibitor trial they are putting you on has had good success in previous trial as a single agent.  Now they are looking at adding drugs that also work well for triple negative and BRCA+, like Carboplatin (and I can't remember the other one).

I had lung mets and spread to the hilar nodes.  Abraxane, Carboplatin, Erbitux and Zometa kicked their a$$ and I am currently NED.  So, you might want to consider that cocktail.

Best wishes,
CarynRose
Orig dx 6/03 - St.2a, IDC
gr.3,0 nodes, TNBC/BRCA1+
7/07 St 4 mets to nodes/lungs. PACA/Rads NED 11/07-10/08
Lepto mets 10/08
Rads for 4 brain tumors 4/10.
Leptomets return 6/10
unklezwifeonty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unklezwifeonty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 3:53pm
You have a good chance of celebrating your 25th anniversary if you keep up your spirits. Half the battle against this beastly disease is won over by a positive and a "I will beat the #($&#@($#@t out of this" attitude.

Dx: Jul/09. Age: 37. Grade: High. Size: 3cm. BRCA: -ve. Lumpectomy: Aug/09. Micromet 1/9 node. Chemo Start: Sep/09. Kicked from E5103 due to Taxol reaction. Now on AC->Abraxane. Zometa (S0307).
unklezwifeonty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unklezwifeonty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 3:54pm
CarynRose,
Can you tell me what tests your doc did to declare you NED?

Love and hugs

Dx: Jul/09. Age: 37. Grade: High. Size: 3cm. BRCA: -ve. Lumpectomy: Aug/09. Micromet 1/9 node. Chemo Start: Sep/09. Kicked from E5103 due to Taxol reaction. Now on AC->Abraxane. Zometa (S0307).
bettelou68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bettelou68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 6:11pm
Thanks for all the feedback. I am feeling a lot more positive now. How long I will survive is in God's hands, and has always been there. There are a lot of people praying that I will make that anniversary, and get to hold grandchildren in my arms.

I am ready to go to that trial and praying that the PARP cocktail will kick cancer's butt to the curb.

Bette
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2009 at 5:43pm
You Go Girl!  Kick Butt!  We are strong, beautiful women and we will survive whatever the "c" wants to dish out!!!!
We are strong together! We are here for each other!!!!
Helen in NS  Star
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
concnd broda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concnd broda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 7:13am
Bettelou, You shall beat this terrible disease and you shall live to hold your grandchildren - God is not asleep.

I am the brother of a sister (29yrs) suffering from this terrible thing since Sept 07. Stay positive, take recommended drugs and other treatments and allow God do his work. Before HE formed us in our mothers' wombs, HE already designed our destinies. I assure you it is for good. You shall beat it.

Udoka.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic