FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brain Tumor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MikeW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brain Tumor
    Posted: May 25 2019 at 12:16pm
My wife has a 7 year long struggle with intermittent NED breaks. She's gone through A/C, all the estrogen blockers (which never worked well at all), Xeloda, failed her and her ER/PR+ turned TNBC. She is is now on eribulin. She'd done a full 9 cycles of eribulin (Halaven) and it worked well for her with 2 clean PET scans 3 months apart. She was given a 3 month break. However, it came back in a few places; not major progression.

A couple nights ago, in the middle of the night, she went into violent convulsions. Ambulance, etc, transfer between two hospitals later. Seems she has a brain tumor with possible cancer (or something) in the Dura (brain lining. The tumor began bleeding thus the seizures. 

Sometime today she's to have a full on operation to her brain to get a biopsy specimen. The hospital she's in is a top research hospital. However, the are just doing the investigative procedures, she'll be turned back to her regular oncologist for treatment. My wife's oncologist hinted they probably will continue with the eribulin since was, at least controlling the cancer. Alao, WBR for the Dura and Gamma Knife for the tumor.

Isn't this "cancer journey" a painful mess. Anybody here following Joe Tippens and, believe it or not, dog parasite medicine Fenbendazole ( or called Fenben)?

A bit of new data, its Leptomeningeal Metastases or LM for short. Not many treatment options available. I know Googling statics on this was not good, 4 to 6 months.
I can't stop crying! Whole world collapsing now.

Edited by MikeW - May 26 2019 at 10:10am
JMJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2019 at 2:38am
I’m so sorry to hear all of this, how are things going? 

I was diagnosed this week with multiple spots in the dura of my brain. I’m assuming cyberknife or gammaknife will be the first treatment for this. I had a craniotomy to remove the original tumor and now this new finding is heart wrenching! 

How is your wife doing and have you found good doctors? Hang in there, we are not alone in this fight! 
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2019 at 8:19am
Mike,

I'm just now seeing this post.  I'm so sorry you and your wife are dealing with this new diagnosis.  Yes, this cancer journey is a painful, terrible mess. 
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic