FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BACK PAIN Suggestions help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vickyann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickyann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BACK PAIN Suggestions help?
    Posted: Sep 28 2009 at 6:06am

I am having pain in my back and below my stomach it feels bruised. I called my doctor which sent me to a urologist. I am fine in that area. The results is we dont know. When I am lying down at  night it is worse. Has anyone felt this discomfort? Since the urologist cleared me i am not sure what to do next? 

Any input would be appreciated....

Vickyann
Dx Christmas/07
Stage2 Grade 3
no nodule braca neg
lung nodule no growth
TAC x 6 no rad
finished chemo June 08 reconstruction 12/09
pwcassidy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwcassidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2009 at 6:01pm
Did you tell your onc?  When I have pain my onc sends me for a MRI to investigate. 
TNC, stage3, Grade 3 1/08
Mets to lymph nodes and bones 1/09
CollegeMom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CollegeMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2009 at 12:45am
Vicky...couple of suggestions! Depending on your perferred sleeping postion, make sure you have a pillow or something for your knee area. Back sleeping, put pillow under knees so knees are elevalated or if you are a side sleeper...put pillow between your knees.  Defintely helps me...I heard it alines your spine correctly? not sure if that is true but it seems to help me.   Also, I take a shot (mouth full) of raw apple cider vinegar each day....after being diagnosed with bone spurs in my spine (in between chemo treaments) I began this to get away from the tylenol daily and it works! after 7 to 10 days you will feel a difference! currently on Avastin & Ixempra and the vinegar is helping with bone aches.  I know this becuse I stopped the vinegar for the first 2 weeks of this chemo becuase I never really got the ok to take it during chemo and the aches and pains where severe, onc confirmed I could take the apple cider vinegar and now just over 1 week back on it daily and I can feel the differnce!

Good luck!
GRANNY View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRANNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2009 at 3:38pm
Vicky  My chiropractor suggested I come in at least twice a week while on chemo to prevent discomfort.  I don't know if it would help but it is worth a try.  Good Luck and God Bless Julia   PS the positions above are what we use a the hospital they should help and one of my friends swears by apple cider vinegar shots.(they gave me heart burn to bad)
vickyann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickyann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 6:20am
Ladies,
Thank you for the wonderful ideas. You are the best!
Vickyann
Dx Christmas/07
Stage2 Grade 3
no nodule braca neg
lung nodule no growth
TAC x 6 no rad
finished chemo June 08 reconstruction 12/09
fkooei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fkooei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2019 at 5:35pm
Static flat feet can be corrected until the active growth of the foot has stopped, i.e. up to about 16 years for boys and up to 14 years for girls. For this, corrective orthopedic insoles are made that make directional pressure on the skeleton of a growing foot. Orthopedic insoles click here must be put into shoes that have a hardback and are fixed on the rise of the foot (lacing, fasteners, etc.). The use of orthopedic insoles must be combined with daily physical therapy exercises.

Edited by fkooei - Oct 21 2019 at 5:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic