FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are there women who survive TNB

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2010 at 8:39am
Dear Carol,

Thank you for asking the "what is a bump" question. I've been wondering myself.

Love in Christ,

Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2010 at 9:08am
Carol, a bump is when you want to take an older thread and bring it to the front so it's active again.  Instead of starting a new thread, we have several old great threads that new members may have not seen.  I was talking to a new member who was asking does anyone survive tnbc.  I bumped this thread back up so that anyone looking for new posts, can see it and read through the positive stories.
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Karen W. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2010 at 9:44am
Hi Carol,
I have seen 'bump' used and tried to once. How do you do it???
Thanks and have a great day!
Love,
Karen
DX July 07; lumpectomy,Chemo 4 sesions,36Rad; DX Oct 09;36 Rad;Metastatic Clavical lymph nodes in neck; chemo pending****CHEMO NO LONGER PENDING. DR SLEDGE SAYS NO CHEMO SHOULD BE USED (4 my case)
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2010 at 9:50am
Karen,  If it's an older post you're trying to find, you will probably need to use the Search button to find it.  Once you do, I'd go to the last post, hit the Reply button and just type in Bump.

When new members come to this site, they see mostly other new women who've just been dx or people with recurrence.  It plays into their fears that no one survives tnbc.  The survivors are usually not as active on the forum and go about their lives.  It's good to have a thread or two running around talking about the women who survive tn.     
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2010 at 9:54am
of course you can type in anything. :)
just responding brings a thread to the fore.

DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
Karen W. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2010 at 9:56am
Well that sounds easy... and it does help to hear the old threads. Thanks for sharing Donna!

Here is another question, I see you joined in August 09. How does the status work? I see you are considered a senior member??
DX July 07; lumpectomy,Chemo 4 sesions,36Rad; DX Oct 09;36 Rad;Metastatic Clavical lymph nodes in neck; chemo pending****CHEMO NO LONGER PENDING. DR SLEDGE SAYS NO CHEMO SHOULD BE USED (4 my case)
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2010 at 1:06pm
Karen,

I was confused by the status also when I joined.  Once you've reached 100 posts, you become a Senior Member. 

vickyann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickyann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2010 at 5:36pm
tnbc
Hello everyone!
27 months and no recurrance!!!!
Yeah!!!!!!
Vickyann
Dx Christmas/07
Stage2 Grade 3
no nodule braca neg
lung nodule no growth
TAC x 6 no rad
finished chemo June 08 reconstruction 12/09
Bernadette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bernadette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2010 at 10:33pm
 I found a lump for christmas 2007. The biggest problem I have had to overcome was to trust that I am healthy again. People try to encourage by saying all the things they think you  want to hear. Sometimes its hard to listen because you don't feel what they say to be true. What you have to do is read between the lines. They love you . They care about you. They wish you health and happiness. I AM A SURVIVOR. I have stuff I do that has nothing to do with hospitals, doctors, medicine, appointments etc. I have returned back to work full time.  I AM A SURVIVOR AND all these people who are here talking with you are survivors . We are the statistics and there is NO OPTION except surviving. Keep on living to your fullest.
Carol (Tenn) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2010 at 6:08am
Good Morning.....
Donna is so right. But I do wish the survivors would come on once in awhile and let everyone know how they are doing.
I have a question....my first diagnosis was June 2008...my recurrance was July 2009...Will I have my 2nd year anniversary this summer or my first???
Love and Prayers,
Carol
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
HairSprayMom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairSprayMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2010 at 12:36pm
TNBC IIIb Metaplastic Carcinoma 2.7 cm tumor in chest wall.

2 yrs 5 months and I am not only surviving, but thriving!

XO, Regina
39 yr old. DX Metaplastic Carcenoma/Triple Negative IIIb 9-26-07, bilat mod rad MX 10-1-07, 2.7cm in Chest Wall. Dense dose Chemo 11/07-03/08 AC/Tax. NED 4-09 YEA! Deconstructed 12-13-10 & Happy!
Lisa L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2010 at 5:57pm
Survivor here - checking in!  I am at 4 1/2 years from dx, and NED, yes people do survive triple negative. Thumbs Up
Dx 8/05 age 43
mast & lat flap 10/05
Triple neg
BRCA neg
IDC 4.5cm rt br
0/1 sen node
6 A/C 5 Taxol, 25 rads 11/05-6/06
Central Illinois
Currently NED
marthac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marthac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2010 at 1:19am
Question: NED - what does it stand for? No Evidence of Disease??
DX:Nov'06 Stage3 TNBC,5cm-TX:chemo,mast,rad,complete response
DX:Jan'11 BRCA1, Stage4 TNBC,CTC24
TX:Avastin/Taxol @56 days"near complete response', CTC=ZERO
Hair gone,but going strong,loving life
marthac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marthac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2010 at 2:04am
I saw this posted the other day by a friend of a friend on facebook. It was not related to cancer, but another kind of disappointment and questions about my friend's future. I found it helpful. Perhaps it can help when those times of doubt about cancer recovery and life options keep you awake...

Your current situation reminds me of something Mother Teresa said one time. It was shared by John Kavanaugh who had once asked her to pray for him. It goes like this;

News of Mother Teresa's spiritual turmoil didn't shock Kavanaugh, who once sought her counsel as he pondered his future. He wasn't sure if he should return to America to become a university professor or if he should stay abroad and work with the poor. Kavanaugh asked her to pray for clarity.
"I was surprised when she said she wouldn't pray for clarity," he said. "She said what I needed was trust."
Kavanaugh responded to her that he assumed she had always had clarity; that she always had known what she was supposed to be doing.
"She said that she never had clarity; that all she had was trust."

Contine to trust in Him and in yourself. Clarity may never come but that will not hinder you from fulfilling the desires of your heart for His Kingdom.
DX:Nov'06 Stage3 TNBC,5cm-TX:chemo,mast,rad,complete response
DX:Jan'11 BRCA1, Stage4 TNBC,CTC24
TX:Avastin/Taxol @56 days"near complete response', CTC=ZERO
Hair gone,but going strong,loving life
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2010 at 2:06am
Dear Martha C-

yes NED=No Evidence of Disease an acronym even better than LOL or OMG Smile

my daughter, is now 5.5. years out...NED!!!!

Yes, there are women who survive TNBC and tragically some don't..

all the best,

Steve

Edited by steve - Mar 16 2010 at 2:08am
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2010 at 10:16am
A: >60% 
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2010 at 5:20pm
2 years since diagnosis. NED so far, Praise God! 69 and going strong! My sister and niece still show no signs of the disease after 7 and 8 years. God is great and good!

Genie
DX 3/10/08 at age 67, IDC. Stage 1, Grade 3, 1.5 cm.
KI-67 99% at MX . Bilateral mastectomy 4/1/08 Node-, BRCA 1/2-,BARD1+, TX:Cytoxan/Taxotere x4,3 in family with TNBC
Karen W. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2010 at 7:21pm
I didn't know TNBC had been around for 7 and 8 years. Thank you for sharing!
Karen W. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2010 at 7:23pm
I like it... NED! Woo Hoo!
Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2010 at 10:19pm
Karen W.,
Back when my niece and sister were diagnosed, they weren't calling it TNBC. They were just informed that they were estrogen-, progesterin-, and her2-. My niece was diagnosed first at age 38, my sister at age 60 and myself at age 67. We have all tested negative for the BRAC 1 & 2 genes. They elected to have lumpectomies while I went for the bilateral mastectomy due to having a pre-cancerous lump removed 10 earlier. I have never regretted my decision - with no reconstruction and with the protheses, I am perky all the time and don't worry about the effects of gravity taking their toll.LOL

Last February it was discovered that I had 2 large (over 2" each) nodules in my thyroid. The biopsy showed cells that are precursors of cancer so I had a total thyroidectomy in April. I think we all worry at times that our cancer will return but I have chosen to live my life to the fullest and enjoy being alive.

Stay positive - it helps!

Genie

DX 3/10/08 at age 67, IDC. Stage 1, Grade 3, 1.5 cm.
KI-67 99% at MX . Bilateral mastectomy 4/1/08 Node-, BRCA 1/2-,BARD1+, TX:Cytoxan/Taxotere x4,3 in family with TNBC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic