FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

anyone have ovaries out too?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
specksmama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specksmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anyone have ovaries out too?
    Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 11:29am
I had my lumpectomy and axillary node dissection along with laparscopic removal of ovaries and tubes all done on May 26th. I am on my feet and able to do most everything I have to do around the house - I was just wondering if anyone else had their ovaries removed at the same time as their breast surgery and if there were any complications. I am worried sick about bowel obtruction - my sister gets them and I really don't want to have to deal with that.  Thank you everyone for being there when I am freaking out about something. This is always my safe place to land.

Mary
Diagnosed 12/09 IDC triple neg
2cm tumor
1 of 11 nodes positive
Chemo until 4/20/10
Surgery 5/26/10 No viable cancer left in breast
1 mm of cancer in one lymph node.
Radiation 6/28 to 8/9
staceydooley View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staceydooley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 12:06pm
yes, I had my ovaries removed 8 years ago because I am BRCA1 and now I have tnbc.  go figure..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nvx7vFE2fs
Stacey, 43 years, TNBC
Double mastectomy 04-01-10
BRCA 1, porto cath put in
no nodes
chemo to start June 3rd
SusanE1104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SusanE1104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 2:41pm
I had my uterus and ovaries removed 23 years ago after I suspected I had inherited a cancer gene...no testing for BRCA available then.  One sister had ovarian cancer and the other had had breast cancer.  A year after that surgery I had breast cancer...dont know if it was triple neg. or not.  But I have never had a bowel obstruction.  I don't think the hysterectomy had any influence on my cancer, and it prevented ovarian cancer.  I think you made a wise choice.
Susan 62 1987 Stage 1   1/09 Stage IV bilat. mast. liver mets BRCA1+ Taxol & Avastin
8/09 NED
12/09 liver mets Taxol/Avastin
4/10 liver mets
11/22 Parp Car/gem
parp failed
2/2011 Ixempra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic