FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Annual Testing Anxiety

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Penny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Annual Testing Anxiety
    Posted: Nov 27 2019 at 9:10pm
Hi All

It's time for my annual mammogram and last 6 month check up with my medical oncologist.  If all goes well, I will move to a 12 month medical oncologist visit.  It has been a very long 3 years.  I have completed all my "steps" and now I walk through the "anxiety" of testing and results.  My question, does this get easier?  

I had TNBC early stage .6cm in December 2016. Lumpectomy, chemo, rads, scans, reconstructive surgery to "even me out" and now the testing and doctors appointments.  I feel "normal" until it's time to test.  I have stayed on this site to continue my journey and occasionally answer questions from newly diagnosed women. Supporting them and listening.  Reading and encouraging others.   This site has been my savior in my journey.  So, I ask... when does this get easier?  

Thank you all and Happy Thanksgiving.  I am thankful for each of you.

Penny  
DX IDC, TNBC 12/7/16 (age 55), Stage 1a Grade 2, .6cm, 0/1 nodes, Lumpectomy & node dissection 12/22/16, BRCA1&2 negative 1/23/17 Chemo TC. Chemo completed 3/28/17. 30 RADs completed 6/6/17.

Marymom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2019 at 5:01am
Penny,

I will be two years out 12/17/19.  This is a good topic for today...Thanksgiving.  I will start my check ups in January.  I try to go in there with the same spirit I use everyday of just giving it to God.  I was told a long time ago...worry is like sitting in a rocking chair, you rock and go no place!  I keep my mind busy while I wait and for the days prior, my calendar is non stop!  My house is very clean by the time check up day comes and I tell my boss, load me up with work (he likes that!) I bake a ton of cookies and give them away...I follow really tough recipes and challenge myself! This is really good, even if you donít like to cook or bake...find a new hobby in the time prior.  Seriously, take up crochet, knit, the mind likes to keep busy and will change the focus. Pray. My prayer is simple, I just say thank you over and over again.  Perfect topic for today!

So, I donít think anything can take the anxiety away...but good old fashioned positive mindset and a lot of prayers!  Whatever you choose to do...please know this, I pray for all on this site everyday and am thankful for it!  This site has been an outstanding mentor through this all.  

As Ever, Marymom
Penny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2019 at 11:46am
12/4/19 Update

I had my mammogram yesterday.  I was prepared for them to advise I needed an ultrasound (that is what happened last year after my right side reduction).  That did not occur!  Diagnostic Mammogram has the radiologist read on the spot.  No waiting for a call for results.  "All clear, see you next year" was what they came back and told me in the room as I anxiously waited.  
This week marks my 3rd year from my original diagnosis and path down this journey.  Today I am light footed and have such joy.  I see my medical oncologist tomorrow.  She has advised that if my mammogram comes back clear I am released to see her once a year after our visit tomorrow.  I can't wait for that appointment.  

I am posting this to share success and to highlight the true anxiety this diagnosis causes.  I am learning to be positive and "take the win".  I forget sometimes and this brings me right back to center.  I am hoping everyone on this board gets to feel relief like I do today.  God bless you all 

Penny  
DX IDC, TNBC 12/7/16 (age 55), Stage 1a Grade 2, .6cm, 0/1 nodes, Lumpectomy & node dissection 12/22/16, BRCA1&2 negative 1/23/17 Chemo TC. Chemo completed 3/28/17. 30 RADs completed 6/6/17.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic