FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Always a chemo plan?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tjpecknh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjpecknh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Always a chemo plan?
    Posted: Dec 27 2020 at 8:46am
I was diagnosed 12/1 and am waiting genetic results (hope to have those tomorrow). I have seen a surgeon but no one has mentioned chemo as part of this plan unless a lymph nodes comes back positive after surgery. The tumor is 5mm and does not (according to MRI) appear to be in the lymph nodes. 

From my reading it seems chemo is a traditional practice as this cancer doesn't respond to hormone therapy so this is done as a systematic approach.

Thought, knowledge, and experience? I have set up a telehealth call with a medical oncologist (this wasn't presented as part of my team, only surgery and radiation) with the hospital I've been diagnosed at (Dartmouth) and a second opinion at Dana Farber in Boston. I should have all this information by January 8.

Terri
Cabeseler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabeseler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2021 at 9:12pm
Wondering how things went for you?  I am new to the forum, dx Feb 2021.  Moved very quickly from dx to surgeon.  Discussed options but my focus was on getting it out of my body!  60 yrs old, no family history, neg. bone scan, CT showed no other cancer.  Lumpectomy 3/12 - clear margins, neg lymph node. MO 4/1, RO 4/4.  I declined MO #1, 2nd opinion asked why no chemo before surgery and talked about 1 yr. chemo+immunotherapy - I declined.  21 radiation - 16 full breast, 5 focused on area of the tumor.  Records are now being sent to Mayo because my insurance company has a partnership with them - I would like to be part of a database/study of TNBC listing treatment options....
rickles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2021 at 2:13pm
I was diagnosed with stage IIA, no nodes , no metastasis in July 2021. Based on NCCN guidelines, my physician recommended surgery and chemo followed by radiation. I had a lumpectomy in August. I just finished 4 rounds of AC. I will start Taxol on 12/21, 12 doses once a week. I have done well so far except for feeling pretty bad with nausea for 4-5 days post chemo. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic