FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alternative Treatment Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
Author
maryjahn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryjahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2010 at 11:58pm

You can go to www.Cancer.org and type in cesium chloride in the search and there is some helpful information there.

Mary
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2010 at 10:27pm
In the January/February 2010 of Nutrition Action Health Letter, there is an article of Selenium and Cholesterol.  "Ealier studies suggested that taking extra selenium may raise the risk of diabetes and non-melanoma skin cancer.  If new findings are borne out, extra selenium may also raise LDL ("bad") cholesterol."  The article recommends not taking selenium supplements or daily multivitamins that contain more than 55 mcg of selenium (the RDA).
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2010 at 11:29am
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
maryjahn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryjahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2010 at 12:21pm
I am currently using mistletoe injections along with standard chemo.  The recommended use is 5 years from the start of treatment.  It is expensive!  I am not sure if I will be able to afford to take it for 5 years, but for now I am using it.

Mary
MsBliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2010 at 3:10pm
I read the comments and saw what you are talking about.  You are right, we have to dig a little deeper when it comes to "narratives" regarding any kind of treatment.  Mistletoe is not a treatment meant to be used solo.....it is part of the program and not meant to be a treatment on it's own. 

Originally posted by TNBC_in_NS TNBC_in_NS wrote:

Hello all, I just found this article on using mistletoe for mesothelioma/asbestos cancer and the point I want to make is that sometimes articles state cures, but when the person that was supposed to have the cure answers, and they tell you something else was used to create 83% of a remission, then we have to be careful about what we are using for our care.  The article is:

http://www.naturalnews.com/028022_carbon_nanotubes_cancer.html

MsBliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2010 at 3:40pm
Hi MaryJ,
I just learned that some people "stretch" each vial by buying a stronger strength and using half a vial at time.  Have you heard of such a thing?  I am on it for the past 10 months and the cost is becoming unaffordable...

Originally posted by maryjahn maryjahn wrote:

I am currently using mistletoe injections along with standard chemo.  The recommended use is 5 years from the start of treatment.  It is expensive!  I am not sure if I will be able to afford to take it for 5 years, but for now I am using it.

Mary
maryjahn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryjahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2010 at 9:47pm
Hi MsBliss!

I wish that were possible!  Unfortunately, there isn't any preservative in it so once they are opened the rest must be disposed of.  I only know this because I didn't receive my first shipment and they had to quick ship a larger dose of which I only needed a quarter of and I was instructed that the rest isn't any good and to throw it out.

I too am wondering how long I can take it.  I just have to hope that everything else I am doing is going to work.

MaryJ
Diagnosed TNBC 9/2009. Stage 3, Chemo TC
MsBliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2010 at 10:28pm
I received different information.  Well, it may not be a great idea, but this is what I learned.  You draw the entire vial, inject half the amount.  Refrigerate the syringe with the needle removed and use the rest for the next dose.  Maybe this is the wrong approach.  I will double check.  But I need to find a way to cut some of these costs down;  I'm spending so much on sups, doctors, and scans and tests,  I feel like I could faint.
Do you get your product directly from Weleda?

Originally posted by maryjahn maryjahn wrote:

Hi MsBliss!

I wish that were possible!  Unfortunately, there isn't any preservative in it so once they are opened the rest must be disposed of.  I only know this because I didn't receive my first shipment and they had to quick ship a larger dose of which I only needed a quarter of and I was instructed that the rest isn't any good and to throw it out.

I too am wondering how long I can take it.  I just have to hope that everything else I am doing is going to work.

MaryJ
maryjahn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryjahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 12:54am
Hi MsBliss,

I don't think I would take the chance, especially with a history of cancer.  The fact that there isn't any preservatives is a bit scary to me.  I am buying it through my doctor--I was under the impression that you can't buy directly--just like a prescription.

I know what you mean about the expenses--it's a bit overwhelming.  I have gone through so much money.  I imagine when I get to that point I would have to decide what are the most important supplements vs. what I am doing with diet and lifestyle.  Bottom line, there isnt any magical cures.  I eat as much organic as I can afford.  I wouldn't get rid of Wobenzyme as it will eat stray cancer cells in the body and I wouldn't get rid of VitD3 nor would I stop doing the Iodine Protocal as outlined by Dr. Brownstein and on breastcancerchoices.org.  I consume huge amounts of vegetables compared to the amount I consumed before--and I was a vegetarian.  But there are some things including Mistletoe that I may have to forgo do to costs.  There isn't any solid proof that it "cures" anything just that it has been shown to be helpful with chemo.  Until further studies are done, there aren't any assurances that it does anything else.  I mentioned to my doctor that I didn't know how I would afford to be able to take it continually for 5 years and he said I shouldn't be concerned with that--in that maybe it isn't necessary.  Being that there are so many other things that aren't expensive that we can do to improve our health and the possibility of surviving--if not spending the money gives you less stress than that seems to be much more important.  Peace of mind is key to our survival too.

Big Hug!
MaryJ
tbell614 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbell614 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2010 at 2:22pm
Hi all,
New here and appreciate reading your comments on TNBC alternatives to treatment.  I am seriously considering no chemo/radiation for the same reasons many of you have chosen. Watched my dad and neice, who had TNBC and BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations which is very rare.  Waiting for my genetic testing but believe I am low risk as my Mom was clean.

Has anybody here also been told their cancer is Metaplastic?

Thanks,
Terri
Age 53; female;DX 11/23/09;3x negative, metaplastic; 1.5 cm;Stage 1;lumpectomy 12/23/09; reexcision 1/25/09;MUGA 1/25/09;TC completed 4/22/10. Radiation started 5/25/10. BRCA negative
maryjahn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryjahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2010 at 2:46pm
Hi Terri,

I am glad that you found this site and you wil also find much information on breastcancer.org for tnbc.  We are all here to help and support you and share our own experiences and help you through yours.

I was unable to have surgery yet do to location and size of my tumors so I am currently having 4 x chemo taxotere & cytoxan.  The tumors are almost gone except for the large one and chemo for myself has had very few side effects:  my nails are now discolored and I am a bit tired but the nausea has been bearable with additional supplementation.  Key for feeling better was getting the chemo out of my body after 48 hours where it is still working on the tumors.  I found an amazing product through my nurse called MagO7 by Aerobic Life which gets your system back in working order quicker--without it I was constipated for over a week which made me feel like hell.  Other products only made me bloated--this got everything out without any side effects.  I had no success eliminating the tumors doing only alternative things and I do many.  I am opting out of having radiation, though, since I have no lymph node involvement this shouldn't be an issue.  I am hopefully having my last chemo tomorrow followed by a skin saving mastectomy (I will lose the nipple) and reconstruction.

Best,
MaryXXXX 

Edited by maryjahn - Feb 01 2010 at 2:20am
tbell614 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbell614 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2010 at 3:15pm
Hi Mary,

My sister had the same kind of mastectomy and her "tatooed" nipples look really good!
Age 53; female;DX 11/23/09;3x negative, metaplastic; 1.5 cm;Stage 1;lumpectomy 12/23/09; reexcision 1/25/09;MUGA 1/25/09;TC completed 4/22/10. Radiation started 5/25/10. BRCA negative
maryjahn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryjahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2010 at 2:22am
Thanks for that--It isn't easy losing my nipple but it seems to be pretty common with breast cancer.  It's amazing what they can do!
Smiley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2010 at 12:18am
Hi Terri,
I have also been told I have Metaplastic BC and are looking for people in similar situ's as there seems to be little info on this scary type of BC...
Lisa
(From Oz)
MsBliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2010 at 6:49am
I don't have metaplastic, but I met a woman who has metaplastic triple negative.  She had stage one, grade 3.  She is four years out after lumpectomy.  She did not finish chemo, had one round of AC only.  She did not do rads.  She has not had recurrence!

Originally posted by Smiley Smiley wrote:

Hi Terri,
I have also been told I have Metaplastic BC and are looking for people in similar situ's as there seems to be little info on this scary type of BC...
Lisa
(From Oz)
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2010 at 1:30pm
Hi Ladies:
I just found an interesting seminar for those of you that are in the California area!

Check it out for the rest of us.  Thanks Helen in NSWink
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2010 at 1:11pm
I wanted to share a funny story.  A dear friend sent me an email this week.  This friend was my boss over 20 years ago, but we've remained friends since his retirement.  He is one of those very rare people you meet in your lifetime and I'm honored to call him friend.  He's a health nut too!  His started off in email that he didn't want to offend me in any way but he had just read a book that he wanted me to know about.  It was a book about cancer written by a French doctor.  He thought the book was excellent and hoped that I would read it.  It was Anti Cancer:  A New Way of Life, by David Servan-Schreiber, MD, PHD.

http://www.anticancerways.com

I laughingly replied that his concern for me meant more than he would ever know and that I had bought the book twice!  I bought the first book after Nancy and others talked about it on this site.  I gave copies to my friends at Christmas-time.  I then bought the updated edition of the book in January to read again. 
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Ammycin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ammycin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2010 at 4:47am
My friend took a treatment for breast cancer. After who was diagnosed with cancer. Now took
epirubicin used in breast cancer treatment  

maryjahn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryjahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2010 at 12:14pm
I understand that Epirubicin can cause heart damage for years after use.  It is supposed to treat angiogenisis but I am not sure it is worth the risk.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2010 at 6:26pm
I wanted to take a poll to see how many women are taking curcurmin?  If you are, what is the dose?

Thanks,

Donna

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
  Share Topic