FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

after chemo,surgery,raiation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1cococo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1cococo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: after chemo,surgery,raiation
    Posted: Oct 13 2008 at 7:56pm
I was diagnosed Sept of 2007-very aggressive growth rate of tumors not only in breast but lymph nodes as well-margins not defined-so AC chemo-then paxotere-then surgery in Feb 2008-more chemo since lymph nodes 6 of 7 were positive-more chemo-then new cancer in neck and left pectorial muscle area-despite I was on Taxotere--then xeloda combined with radiation for 33 sessions-am finished-and healing-one week out-- radiation burning was so severe ulceration under arm/--am not taking xeloda-for one week now-will do PET/CT scan-MRI and CT scan with contrast over next 2 weeks-also have had lymphodema-is it common to have some residual nausea?fatigue? I have a problem when I get overheated or exert myself-I am a horse rider and this has kept me sane during this time-also have very supportive family-plan to go for 2 weeks to italy and Switzerland first of Nov
1cococo
billie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2008 at 5:22am
Hi  1cococo,
    Hi I just wanted to welcome you to our foundation.While I am not familier with your treatrment there are ,I am sure,other ladies on this foundation that will be glad to respond to your posting very soon.So glad that you have found us.While you are waiting for a responce ,perhaps you would like to go to the forum at the top of the page and list some info for us.

We will always be here with plenty of hugggssss and information for you   Billie.     
Billie posting for sis Betty/67/caucasion female/diagnosed 2-27-08/gradeIII/7mm/invasive ductal carcinoma/T N /clear margins/node neg/4 X's taxotere-cytoxan/36 rads/7-08 PET/CT double image/no cancer
Nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2008 at 7:07am

Dear Icococo,

Sweetie, you have been through it all, haven't you. My goodness!Cry

They say that radiation is just a breeze. Well for you and another gal here, it has not been! Many of the gals experience residual fatigue even after radiation.

We have another gal Sandy, who rides also, and I know that is a passion of hers.

There are gals here who also have mets, and you might want to post in that forum also, so that they will see your post. You will fing much support and love from everyone here on the site.

My husband was in the Army, and we have been to Italy and Switzerland, and I know that will be such a restful time for you. You certainly deserve it.

If you want to add your information to each post, we have directions for that on the new forum...click on"TNBC News, Resources and Tips" forum. Then click on "Directions for adding your signature to post". 

Please join us every day, and ask all the questions you want.
Hugs,
Nancy
Nancy
DD Lori dx TNBC June 13,2007
Lumpectomy due to incorrect dx of a cyst
mastectomy July 6 2007
chemo ACT all 3 every 3 weeks 6 tx Aug-Nov
28 rads ended Jan 2008
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2008 at 12:37pm
Hello 1cococo and welcome to our forum.

My goodness you've had a hard time with everything going on, I bet your horseriding does give you the break and relaxation from it all.

Yes it is common to feel fatique, maybe for some time yet.  We all respond differently.  But when you think of what all your body has been thru we have to recover and it doesn't happen quick enough for most of us.

I hope your scans are good ones and you'll post and let us know.  Your trip sounds dreamy, how wonderful to get away like that.
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic