FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

advice? please share experiences?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kizzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kizzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: advice? please share experiences?
    Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 11:52pm

Hi,....I am newly diagnosed (8-26-13) w TNBC. initially diagnosed with stage 3a breast cancer 5/2012 - but the cancer metastasized & now we are trying to figure out survival options.
   I have been on the ketogenic diet for three weeks now in hopes of starving the cancer....& I've been exercising daily.... with the exception of yesterday- I had a biopsy of the mass in my lung to determine the nature of the cancer...what proteins are driving it etc...

I came to MD Anderson because they're supposed to be the best of the best.... but so far I've not witnessed THAT ... I'm trying to be patient but we have been here a week & still have no game plan.... which is frustrating. Nonetheless, I was able to log in last night and view the dictation from my first visit with my Dr & it said that my oncologist back home (Atlanta) suggested ixabepilone (xeloda) & capecitabine.

I wanted to ask you all what treatments you've tried & what has worked for you? I really don't want to do chemo again but I will if it will give me longevity along with quality of life.... we meet with my oncologist Monday (hopefully to discuss a treatment plan) & I want to have as much knowledge going into this appointment as possible. Any experiences you can share, advice etc would be extremely helpful & appreciated
Grateful for today View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful for today Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 9:12am
Kizzie,

Just posted on your other thread:
   http://forum.tnbcfoundation.org/topic11530_post117342.html#117342

Please check there.

Anyone else who posts to Kizzie may like to consider posting on the other thread.
There are other posts already on the other thread.........it might be easier to have
any replies all on just that other thread.

With caring and good thoughts,
Gratefulf for today...............Judy
arabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 2:15pm
Kizzie  .... hope you post an update on your other thread.  Wishing you the best at your MDA appt. today.
Kaye

Dx TNBC 1/2013; age 63; 1.1 cm; Stage 1, Grade 1(?); lumpectomy clear margins; ALND -; severe SEs to first TC and treatment stopped; radsX25; BRCA -
Recur 6/2015 Mastectomy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic