FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Abraxane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tabatha00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabatha00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abraxane
    Posted: Oct 17 2009 at 2:56pm
I just finished my last A/C treatment THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!!   The third treatment landed me in the hospital but I won't go into that now.   I'm trying to repress it all.   lol

Anyway I was going to start 12 weekly Taxol treatments but at my oncologist appt on Thursday he said he was going to have me do Abraxane because it research shows it works better than Taxol and it's not as toxic on the body.

Has anyone else had Abraxane?    Can you tell me how it made you feel?   I just want some details.  lol

tabatha
mehitzel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mehitzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2009 at 5:47pm
Tabatha, I had Abraxane weekly for sixteen weeks.  I had also done A/C before and the Abraxane was a piece of cake for me compared to it.  I did miss one treatment for low blood counts.  My doctor put me on Neulasta shots and it wasn't a problem after that.  Other than tiring out more easily than normal it was smooth for me.  Hope it goes as well for you.

Martha
unklez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unklez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2009 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Tabatha00 Tabatha00 wrote:

... weekly Taxol treatments but at my oncologist appt on Thursday he said he was going to have me do Abraxane because it research shows it works better than Taxol and it's not as toxic on the body..

Dear Tabatha,

The only difference between Taxol and Abraxane is the solvent (Castor oil for Taxol vs albumin for Abaraxane; some people get severe allergic reaction to Castor oil). They both have the exact same active ingredient called paclitaxel.

Wife Dx: Jul/09. Age: 37. Size: 3cm. BRCA: -ve. Lumpectomy: Aug/09. Micromet 1/9 node. Chemo Start: Sep/09. E5103. DD ACB-> DD Abraxane (Taxol reaction). Zometa (S0307). Canadian Fraction Rads.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic