FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Abraxane & Avastin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aaklwalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaklwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abraxane & Avastin
    Posted: Mar 10 2008 at 6:01pm
Is anyone currently on this treatment?  I would really appreciate any input on side effects/response, etc. 
Dx 1/06; Lt Rad mast 3/06; Reoccurrence rt lung; stage IV 1/07
BrendaF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendaF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2008 at 4:47am
I'm not on this, but I changed onc's after I had started my mets regimin of carboplatin and taxotere.  I asked the new onc what she would have used first line, and she said Abraxane and Avastin.

Hope you get a great response!
momof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2008 at 7:39am
Hi,
I am new to this sight.  I heard of it through the FORCe sight.  I have never posted before, but I wanted to let you know that I am on this combo.  I am on my 12th cycle.  It is very doable for me.  I have 3 young girls and I am able to take care of them without a problem.  I have noticed lately that I am tired the day after treatment and I am starting to have some neropathy but all in all I can't complain.  The past 2 scans that I have had have had positive results and God willing that is the way that they will stay.  Good luck to you.
P.S I also had a spot in my lung that is gone now and the cancer in my bones is also greatly reduced now.
CarynRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarynRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2008 at 4:39pm
Welcome to this site Momof3.  It's CarynRose from FORCE.  We triple negatives have to stick together.

I was on Taxol and Avastin before we added two more drugs (Carboplatin/Erbitux).  The combo worked and I'm currently NED (as of Jan).  Aside from the nose and butt bleeding, the Avastin wasn't bad.

I'm on it now along with Erbitux as as suppressant therapy and am experiencing the anal bleeding again.  I will be discussing with my doc about adjusting the dosage to alleviate this side effect.

Best of luck,
Caryn
Orig dx 6/03 - St.2a, IDC
gr.3,0 nodes, TNBC/BRCA1+
7/07 St 4 mets to nodes/lungs. PACA/Rads NED 11/07-10/08
Lepto mets 10/08
Rads for 4 brain tumors 4/10.
Leptomets return 6/10
thinkpositive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thinkpositive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2008 at 8:38am
Happy Easter -  I am also on Avastin & Abraxene.  Just finished my 5th round after being diagnosed with lung mets.   My hair started falling out after the third but not completely.  I shaved my head anyway rather than deal with the shedding.  My blood pressure is up so just started rx for that.  My taste buds are not as bad as with the AC and Taxol I had with my original treatment but nothing tastes quite the same.   I have had some slight nosebleeds as well.    Believe it or not I can still say I feel good.   I have been working full time and have not missed more than a few half days.  

Hoping to get a good report when they do a scan in a month.  Sure would like to get back to normal soon.

Best of luck with your treatment.
momof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2008 at 6:59am
Hi Caryn,
It is actually Stephanie from  FORCE.  It is good to see that you are doing well.  I'll keep sending those negative results prayers your way.  I have noticed that my taste buds do not work as good as they used to.  Also I can't have anything spicy anymore and I do mean ANYTHING.  That kind of sucks but it is worth it if thnis chemo is getting rid of the cancer.
Good luck to all of you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic