FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A New Contralateral Breast Lump...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mindy555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 11:43am
Thanks Donna!!! Hug
Dx July 2011 56 yo
Stage I IDC,TN,Grade 3
Grew to Stage IIa- No ev of node involve- BRCA1+ chondroid metaplasia
Daughter also BRCA1+
Mass grew on Taxol
FEC 6x better
BMX 3/19/12 pCR NED
BSO 6/2012
mindy555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 11:58am
Hey Donna, I posted this on the copper thread, too

Life Extension has a multivitamin free of copper.  I'll try to find it again.  It contains molybdenum.

Dx July 2011 56 yo
Stage I IDC,TN,Grade 3
Daughter also BRCA1+
Mass grew on Taxol
FEC 6x better
BMX 3/19/12 pCR NED
BSO 6/2012
mindy555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 12:04pm
I wish TM was more assessable. The person I'm working with is big on LEF supplements.  For instance, their curcumin called Super Bio Curcumin comes in a 400 mg dose.  However, that dose due to its structure and bioavailability is equivalent to something like 2400 mgs of another brand.
Dx July 2011 56 yo
Stage I IDC,TN,Grade 3
Daughter also BRCA1+
Mass grew on Taxol
FEC 6x better
BMX 3/19/12 pCR NED
BSO 6/2012
mindy555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2013 at 12:09pm
So I go to the Breast Center for my MRI, arriving early which is a major feat for me.  She greets me with a 5 mg Valium (since Randy drove me) and a book of paperwork to fill out. 30 minutes later I'm called back in and expecting to get the show on the road.  One of the techs notices I had my exchange surgery on Oct. 19th.  A month too early to safely have an MRI.  We went to lunch instead. :)

Really, I'm much more comforted after the speculation from our Denise which is exactly what my doctor felt, plus the ultrasound and talking to the radiologist while he and I viewed the screen together.  I will continue to monitor by palpitation to make sure it stays the same. 

Thanks a bazillion for your support and I'll let you know the MRI findings towards the end of April.

xxx M
Dx July 2011 56 yo
Stage I IDC,TN,Grade 3
Daughter also BRCA1+
Mass grew on Taxol
FEC 6x better
BMX 3/19/12 pCR NED
BSO 6/2012
mindy555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2013 at 12:38pm
Hi Turtle... I never answered your question re: weight loss, though I know it was rather tongue in cheek.  The truth is I was scared to put anything in my mouth other than organic fresh veggies and  fruit- hence along with that diet plus walking/running came a pretty dramatic weight drop.   It wasn't pretty.  A bunch of veggie salads with olive oil, fresh fruit and baked fish once a week will do it.   While I still eat healthy I cheat now and then.  The weight is slowly but surely creeping back on, which is a good thing.  Believe me. 

Hope you're doing well Turtle... xxx M
Dx July 2011 56 yo
Stage I IDC,TN,Grade 3
Daughter also BRCA1+
Mass grew on Taxol
FEC 6x better
BMX 3/19/12 pCR NED
BSO 6/2012
cheeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2013 at 11:30pm
Mindy, 

I've been following your thread even though i haven't written to you. I had never looked up any information about implants etc. since i didn't have reconstruction. I did while reading your posts, not willing to face there being anything wrong with you. I had just read the same thing Denise posted about and thought...Mindy will be okay, that's what it is! 

I'm happy you are feeling more assured that all is well and that you and Randy had lunch rather than the MRI. I just hate those things...about give myself a nervous breakdown with any type of MRI especially when i've convinced myself that something is wrong.  

Hug Love you, 

Blair
Lump found 11/08
DX: 2/09 @52 TNBC
L. Mast. 3/26/09, SN-, BRCA-,
4.5 cm (post surgical)T2NOMO
Chemo: 4/09-10/09 Taxol x 12,
A/C x 4, No rad.No recon. NED 1/17. New Primary right breast TN, 2/2018.
majjers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote majjers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2013 at 1:53pm
Since you were hopped up on Vallium, did Randy get you to eat something BAD?!  lol

Enquiring minds....

Love ya,
Traci
dx 5/25/07, Stage 2A,TNGr3
DD 4 AC,4 Taxol
32 rads
BRCA 1&2 (-)
7/11 mets to lung; Too many lines of chemo to list! The saga continues but only GOD numbers my days!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic