FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Big Bump in My Road

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Conniejjk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conniejjk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Big Bump in My Road
    Posted: Apr 14 2012 at 4:23pm
I was diagnosed 5 weeks ago with TNBC, sentinel node negative. I'm going Monday for a sonogram of my oavaries.  So far, my treatment plan is four rounds of AC, every other week and 12 weeks of Taxol, followed by surgery and radiation.  My mother passed two days before I was diagnosed.  I'm so glad I found this forum. I'm hoping to learn more about this disease and how to beat it.   
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2012 at 5:00pm
Dear ConnieJJK,    I am so sorry to hear about your Mother and that you had the news of Breast Cancer at such a time. It must have been so difficult. We are here for you any time you need to talk or ask questions. Do not feel alone by any means because you are not! We are all together in this. There is a great deal of information on this site and people to help you find answers so do not hesitate to ask. Take care...Love,Annie
Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2012 at 5:06pm
Hi Connie and welcome.  I too am very sorry to read about the loss of your mother, what a difficult time this has to be for you.

If you click on the Resource link near the top you will find a drop down menu with several links to info on TNBC.

Have you considered speaking to a Genetic Counselor regarding testing for a BRCA 1/2 mutation?
http://www.facingourrisk.org  is a good place to learn more about these mutations.

Your treatment sounds similar to what many here have gone thru so you will find alot of help and support.
kirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2012 at 6:48pm
Conniejjk,

My mother passed away just prior to me being dx too. She had ovarian cancer for 3.5 years, so I had been watching that progression. I was stunned to feel a lump in the shower one morning. Knowing the state my mother was in, I couldn't/didn't say anything, besides I didn't want to jump to conclusions. I had to put off the recall mammo and US , as that ended up being the day of her services. I think I was numb to it all. When people [ who didn't know about my mom] asked the perfunctory "how are you" it was so weird to say " my mother died and I have cancer." Fortunately we get through these things and this forum can be a great support with many good interested listeners. You are not alone.
kirby

dx Feb. 2001. Age 44
Lumpectomy

2cm. no nodes stage 1 grade 3

4 rnds AC, 35 rads
debB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2012 at 12:58pm
Hi Connie,

Welcome to the group. I am so sorry to hear about your mother and your diagnosis. You have come to a great place for support.

I saw a t-shirt at the hospital when I was having chemo this last week, and I think it is fitting for your situation. It said "We never know how strong we are until being strong is the only choice we have". Hang in there!

Deb
Dx 4/29/11, 46 yrs old, 3.9 cm tumor, Stg 2 Grade 3 chemo 4 rounds DD AC, 12 weekly taxol, finish. Lumpectomy, 2mm residual tumor. 37 rounds rads completed. Cisplatin/PARP trial
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic