FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

6 years

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dotti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dotti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6 years
    Posted: Feb 16 2013 at 10:31pm
Went yesterday for my 6th year check-up at Dana Farber in Boston.  The anxiety of just going back into the building will never leave.  I am so happy to say another year NED!!Clap   I still have the fear of a recurrance I know going on the 6th year I should not but I know you all understand any pain we have we worry about.   I wish that was not the case but that is what this terrible disearse has done to us.  I have learned so much from this web site.   Thank you...
age 41 dx 1/07 stage 3 in chest wall & lymp nodes chemo 6 mts red devil,taxol, rad 6 wks
beck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2013 at 8:38am
WOW 6 YEARS I CANT WAIT, I USE TO DREAD GETTING OLDER NOW I DONT LOOK AT HOW OLD I AM, JUST HOW FAR IVE COME WITH THIS CANCER, YOU HAVE DONE IT AS FAR AS I CAN SEE THROW A PARTY YEA FOR YOU BECK
ER postive in 2007 10 nodes in underarm,primary unknown, right side, did chemo and rad. Dec. 2011 TN left side 1.5 CM no nodes stage 1 did cmf chemo and rads.
Grateful for today View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful for today Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 12:03am
Dotti,

Missed your post this past February. Better late than never......but sorry it's late.
Thought I would leave a message for the next time you access the forum.

Thank you for posting.   It is so good and encouraging to hear when members reach the 6 year mark.

May continued health and all good things be yours always.

With caring and positive thoughts,
Grateful for today............Judy
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 10:51am
Dotti,
I am late in seeing your February post also.   But, "Better Late Than Never",  OK......  I am so happy for you, 6 years NED.  I can share in your fears and Joy!  I am a 7 year survivor as of June 9th. 

You are correct in that this disease has left us with an element of doubt about future recurrence, but I try to live "one day at a time" and it makes it easier to go forward.

ClapClapCongratulation to You on your NED status.

Love and God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
Graycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 4:40pm
I have just become a member here. My partner had stage 2, opted for a double mastectomy, went through chemo ending in December. In April she had a reoccurrence in the chest wall. Treated with radiation. Almost to the last rad she had a spot on her back pressing a nerve, which they treated with rad also. The oncologist is explaining as they haven't treated the cancer yet and now that the radiation is done they will start a chemo this week. I find myself constantly researching. when she was diagnosed. as the caregiver I believe she has a chronic illness that we have to get ahead of it. I read stories of survivors such as Dotti's and it gives me hope that we can beat this. Trying to keep her healthy, strong and focused. Its amazing how your life can turn in an instant. I have so much respect for ALL of you going through this. Thank you for sharing your stories.
Natalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 10:28pm
Graycee,
It is a scarey diagnosis to get for sure. You are an amazing partner for staying by her side and doing the research when her own head might be spinnig out of control right now. I am very sorry you and she have to be here but very gllad you are. Keep us posted on how BOTH of you are doing.
Seize the Day,
Natalie
TNBC stage1 size 1.8, grade3 no nodes 4/11 Lumpectomy 5/11 4cycles DD A/C 4cycles DD Taxol. Double Mastectomy 12/11 BRCA all neg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic