FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

5 Years Today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
robinbird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robinbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 Years Today
    Posted: Jul 18 2020 at 11:02am
Good morning everyone.  I'm celebrating quietly today.  Today I'm 5 years out from my diagnosis.  I can tell you I was so frightened, but reading these message boards really helped me through.  I was TNBC 2B. I took 4 doses of the adriamycin and cytoxan followed by 12 weekly treatments of taxol.  I had a lumpectomy and I didn't receive a pathological complete response so I asked to be put in a clinical trial and my oncologist said no.  He did say he would put me on Xeloda and did for about 4 months.  I had a lot of trouble with foot pain so was dialed back from the full amount. I took the medicine for 2 weeks and was off a week. I also completed 25 rounds of radiation.

I have tried to eat right, take lots of vitamins, fish oil, tumeric and others.  I did not take supplements during treatment, only after.  Always check with your doctors.  I cut out grilled or smoked food, processed foods and added a lot of veggies.  I work out when I can, walk in nature, and became much closer to God.

I just wanted to post to give others hope.  I know reading about the ladies that made it 5 and/or more years really gave me hope.  Each of you are amazing, don't let fear control you.  Walk, enjoy nature, sit and listen to the birds.  Get a hobby, get out of your head.  Read up on keeping yourself and your immune system healthy.  

God bless you!

Plume View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Plume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2020 at 5:39am
Thank you for your lovely and very encouraging post.  Also full of good common sense.

I have 2 more years to go to catch up with you!
Marymom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Marymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2020 at 6:41am
I have two more years too!  Congratulations...your victory is ours as well!  Godspeed to all!
robinbird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robinbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2020 at 11:14pm
Stay strong!  You will both be there before you know it!Smile
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2020 at 9:25am
Congratulations on 5 years and enjoying life. 

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic