FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

44 yr old TNBC, BRCA neg, lymph node neg

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Char1971 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Char1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 44 yr old TNBC, BRCA neg, lymph node neg
    Posted: Apr 15 2016 at 5:37pm
I was diagnosed with TNBC this week.... I'm excited to have this group available. Support is huge during this time. The interesting thing is I'm an oncology nurse practitioner. Oh well... Cancer doesn't care who you are or what you do for a living. I'm glad to be able to share my personal story....
Minigerkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minigerkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2016 at 5:52pm
Hi Char,
I'm glad you found this site, we are all here to support each other. BTW - I'm a Hooiser, went to IU Bloomington and lived in Indy.

I was diagnosed in June, had lumpectomy in July, AC in August/Sept, taxol Nov-Feb.  Radiation in March.  I just finished my last boost yesterday!  I had stage 1 right breast, 7 cm, node -, Brac -.  

Will you begin chemo before surgery?

Hang in there! We've got your back.
Hugs,
Minigerkin
Minigerkin
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2016 at 6:02pm
Hi Char,

I'm glad you found this group.  You'll find lots of support and information from people who understand what you are going through.  Have they given you any information on staging yet?

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Char1971 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Char1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2016 at 9:21pm
So good to talk to people who know what you are going through. I'm waiting on staging.    I had a lumpectomy with negative nodes yesterday. It was found on routine mammogram-- 9 mm.
Char1971 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Char1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2016 at 9:22pm
Congrats on your last boost!!
Minigerkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minigerkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2016 at 9:29pm
Hoping you'll receive good news and it's at stage 1. Let us know the details when you receive them.  

Hugs,
MiniG
Minigerkin
AmyL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2016 at 9:44am
Welcome Char,
Glad you found this site. Hopefully you can refer your patients to us as well :) I am a nurse practitioner too, but pediatrics. Breast cancer, especially TNBC ( which I had never heard of before) was all new to me! I was dx in Dec by routine mammogram. Stage1A, node neg, BRCA-. Am currently between DD A/C and Taxol. Chemo sucks, as I'm sure you know. I just take things one day at a time, rest a lot, drink lots of water, and accept any offers of help! The ladies on this site are so knowledgeable, and will provide endless emotional support as we all climb the TNBC mountain together.

Amy
Dx Dec '15, 1.1 cm, stage 1A, gr 2, TNBC, BRCA -, 1/16 lumpectomy with red/lift, 2/16 DD A/C x 4, Taxol x12, planed radiation summer '16.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic