FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

37 and Just Diagnosed TNBC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
HappyGoLucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyGoLucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2009 at 3:52pm
 I have read that too and you know Tabatha you got what it takes to make it.  It all sounds very encouraging and I prefer to not worry till its time to worry.

ps i am also on an anti depressant which has helped for the last 10 years.

LOve,
Karen
luvingwhatis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvingwhatis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2009 at 3:58pm
I'm lucky to have been born and raised in Houston!  I haven't met a local person yet that is going to MDA...most are from across the state, USA, and the world.  I will pass along anything I can at this point love.   I'm new to this as well.  Was diagnosed on 3/12, got into MDA on 4/6, had surgery on 4/23 - had fairly severe surgery complications with a hematoma, and just started chemo on 6/10.  Will do chemo for 6 months and radiation for 6 weeks and my tumor was .7mm. 
Bought my wig, am ready to video my head shaving (with mohawk 1st) in the next week and will have it on Youtube.  We must be positive in this fight.  Be strong, think positive, TNBC can be 'cured' and we are all blessed by this kind of experience.
I'm new to this ballgame too and we are going to throw a 'no hitter' GRIN!!!
Tabatha00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabatha00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2009 at 4:07pm

Did you have a mastectomy?   After I have 9 rounds of chemo I'm going to have a double mastectomy with reconstruction.   It's great to be able to talk to you because you can pass your knowledge on to me since I'm just now getting my show on the road.   lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvingwhatis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2009 at 4:14pm

I had a lumpectomy since my tumor was fairly small, yet, I had rare complications after surgery and I'm still doing ok.  I don't have a lot of knowledge because I only had the cancer in one breast and chose to keep it and do radiation.

We are friends now due to circumstances, so ask and I will help as much as I can, or ask others when I'm around the clinic.  I've met soooo many incredible people and their own stories - it makes my eyes tear. 

This is a lesson in listening to your soul, heart, and mind.  Don't let the fears run wild - reach out and you will have many many friends that will help as I've already seen on this thread.

((((hugs))))

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvingwhatis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2009 at 4:15pm
Forgot to mention that I'm know in chemo - 1 down, 15 to go
Tabatha00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabatha00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2009 at 4:23pm
I'll be starting chemo in about 3 weeks...........don't have an exact date but I know the first 3 will be adriamycin (sp), then 3 of a different kind and then 3 of a different kind.   My tumor was 2.2 cm and after chemo, double mastectomy and reconstruction I can hopefully put this behind me.    Just taking it one step at a time though!    It is what it is right?    
sueellen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sueellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2009 at 5:53pm
I am from the Beaumont area.  Went to MD Anderson too.  Diagnosed September 2007.  1.5 cm node negative, grade 3.  Had lumpectomy and 4 FEC and 12 taxol.    Love my doc from MD Anderson.   I know you all will be doing great before you know it and stay NED.  Keep the faith!!
NINASUZIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NINASUZIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2009 at 7:33pm
To all the new gals and the great sisters who answered back...wow!  such greeat positive energy.  I just know you newly dx gals are so on top of things and are doing such good things to have this turn out great!  Wishing you the very very best in your treatment outcomes and stay aboard for anything at all...and to the great sisters who've walked this walk, you are amazing and thanks....hugs allllllll aroundHug
Suzie
Dx: 1/09 Metaplastic TN IDC/3.5CM/DCIS/1.0;4/09 L mastectomy;6-11/09 Cytoxan/Taxotere X6;BRACA-; Recurrance 11/10 bone mets broke arm;Lung mets;rads X15; chemo/parp tbd 1/11
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic