FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1st treatment over!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
asearcy79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asearcy79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st treatment over!
    Posted: Jan 22 2009 at 3:49pm
Well I received my 1st treatment last Wednesday and everything went ok.  I never got sick, but about 24 hours after my chemo my whole body seemed to shut off.  I couldn't think and was exahusted!  I slept around 13 hours.  I did keep working though.  I work as a Librarian in a Primary school.  I have an aide and she helped me so much.  I didn't do much Friday.  The worst thing so far has been the fatiuge.  with two little ones it is hard.  But my this Monday, I started to feel so much better.  You guys were right.  Although I was a little nauseated and very tired, the feeling was very hard to describe.  I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.  I was afraid of not being able to sleep, but that is not the case.  I sleep like a rock at night.  It is very hard to wake me up.  I am usually a light sleeper so this is very strange to me.  Although things could have been much worse, I'm already dreading my next treatment this coming Monday. 

I have 8 treamtents every 2 weeks.  AC for the first 4 then Taxol for the last 4.  They have told me that the Taxol will take 5 hours!  YIKES!  But i've had a pretty upbeat attitude and REFUSE to let this get me down! 

I do have a new goal...My b-day is in July and I plan to be Cancer free before I turn 30!!!!  I plan to kick this in the butt and keep on truckin! 
I am waiting on the hair to fall out.  Hasn't happened yet.  but know it's coming.  I'll let everyone know how next week goes with the 2nd round of "RED KOOL-AID"

AMY SEARCY
Diagnosed- 11/05/08 age 29

sibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2009 at 4:29pm
Hooray Amy! You should handle it just fine.

The taking care of little ones is the hardest part. Make sure you have a pen and paper handy any time someone says "just let me know what I can do..." so you can commit them to a play date on the spot.

Please don't mention the red stuff again--you just sent shivers through my body. lol
Donna, age 42
Dx IDC 12/06, 5/18 Nodes + BRCA1+
Double mast. 1/07
Chemo 6 X TAC 6/07, rads 10/07
Hyst./Recon. 12/07
NancyJane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NancyJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2009 at 4:25am

Good for you, Amy!!!

I am a teacher in a high school and I have worked through treatments, too.  I miss school the day of infusion, but am back the next day.  You can do this, sweetie.  We are all here for you.

Sendig lots of love and light your way Hug!!

41yr dx 7/25/08
Lumpectomy and ax node disection (38 nodes, all clean!) 8/12/08
T2 grd 3, N0, TN IDC
BRCA1+
ACx4,Tx12 10/08-3/09
prophylactic hyst, ooph,mast & one-step recon 3/30/09
myjourney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myjourney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2009 at 8:00pm
Amy,

I have so much respect for you, and all you other mamma's that go through treatment. Through my whole TX I would think, what would I do if I had kids. My friends that are mom's say that their kids forced and allowed them to think of someone other than their selves and the kids kept them going. That is a good thing. But I still don't know if I could've. There will be a lot of people that want to hlep. And Sibu, that is a great idea. Mine was all about food, bring me food. But I don't have kids!
Have you guys checked out this kickin' webisite? It really, really helped me out with all my volunteers:
http://www.lotsahelpinghands.com/

Love,

Heather

helpinghands.org
33 year old
1.8 cm tumor/Node Neg
Lumpectomy 7/1/08
BRCA 1 & 2 Negative
AC DONE!! 9/17/08 Four of 'em
Taxotere done! 11 of 12 ~1/31/08
33 radiation
My blog:
heathersjourneytohealth.blogspot.
GinaMarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GinaMarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2009 at 12:12pm
CONGRATS AMY!!!!  I know the first one is the scariest not knowing what to expect, but like all these lovely ladies said, YOU CAN and YOU WILL do this, i just finished my bilat mastectomy with recon, after finishing chemo on Nov 14th!!!  And i remember thinking id never get thru the first round
You hang in there MAMA, you will hang tough for the little ones, and lets get that b-day wish cancer free for 30!!!   Good luck to you on your journey
HUGS GINA
gigi
Stage 1 Grade 3 dx may 2008
2 lumpectomies, first one wrong dx of fibroadenoma!!
chemo 4 rounds ovr 3 mos Taxotere/Cytoxan BRCA 1+ Bilat mast. with Lat flap recon done 1/9/09!!! No rads!!
peach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2009 at 12:50pm
Congratulations,

I too have so much respect for you ladies with little ones to take care of.  I didn't work either, so I was pretty much a slug.

I think my scalp got tingly then my hair started coming out in handfuls about day 13.  Continued good luck with your treatments.

Pat
Dx 5/07 TNBC
IDC Stg.2, Gr.2,
Sentinel node 0/1 BRCA-
Lumpectomy,Chemo(AC-T DD)Rads
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2009 at 1:06pm

Amy, cancer free by 30, that is a fantastic goal and one that you will make.

Now you have an idea of what your treatments are like so that part of the unknown is a known.  Now if you aren't doing this I would suggest you take along a friend, family member, someone to drop you off and pick you up, bring lunch and pack yourself a chemo bag I call them.  Put things to do in there to pass the time, mags, games, snacks, water, distractions and don't forget pencil and paper for any questions you might have too.

Having someone with you does make it go faster, maybe plan lunch afterwards.  Good luck and I hope your second goes as well.  Sometimes the treatments tend to increase in effecting your body but not for everyone.

let us know how you are doing,

Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
asearcy79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asearcy79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2009 at 7:40am
OK so i finished round two.  Yesterday was the pitts but i'm feeling better today.  I've noticed hair starting to fall out today too, but I knew that was coming.  School was called off today b/c of ice and snow, so I have an extra day off!  yeah.  just laying around like a slug today!
myjourney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myjourney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2009 at 6:06am
Try to drink lots of water/fluids and just snuggle on the coach with a blanket. I am here for you if you want to talk. You can PM me, and get my phone number. I'll answer anytime of day/night.   This goes for any "newbie" that needs to talk.

Heather
33 year old
1.8 cm tumor/Node Neg
Lumpectomy 7/1/08
BRCA 1 & 2 Negative
AC DONE!! 9/17/08 Four of 'em
Taxotere done! 11 of 12 ~1/31/08
33 radiation
My blog:
heathersjourneytohealth.blogspot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic