Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xeloda-Hand/Foot Syndrom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Janel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xeloda-Hand/Foot Syndrom
    Posted: Dec 30 2010 at 12:16pm
Good day to all,
I am to start Xeloda next week and would love to hear from those who have taken this med and the lotion you found to help with Hand/Foot Syndrome.
Thanks and hugs to all,
Janel
Janel
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2010 at 12:41pm
Hi Janel,

I haven't been on Xeloda, but did find this link for you.  I hope others that have experience with this drug will post about their experience.

http://www.xeloda.com/xeloda-side-effects.aspx
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

mainsailset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2010 at 12:49pm
Hi Janel, my sister has been on the Xeloda and she found that there were exercises you could do before and after treatments to help minimize the syndrome. Also, there are studies out that the doseage can be reduced to reduce the symptoms while still giving the same good results. Are you taking a 2nd chemo with the xeloda?
dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
Janel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2010 at 1:39pm
I have already completed my 2nd round of Chemo. I will have 20 radiation sessions with a minimal dose of Xeloda then will increase to 2000mg BID on 7 days and off 7. I would love to hear about the exercises your sister did and do you know what lotion she used to try to save the cuticles and soles of her feet?
Hugs
Janel
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2010 at 4:42pm
I've heard that the best is bag balm, especially worn at night under socks and even gloves if need be.  And like Mainy says, reduced dosage if the hand/foot syndrome gets bad.
Is this a clinical trial?
love,
d
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
suec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2010 at 6:06pm
I used vitamin E oil, available in walgreen's cosmetic area or more pure form in vitamin section.  Plus any non fragrant lottions.
tnbc 3b: partial mas 5/06; 6 rounds FEC; 36 rad; 05/09-mets to bone; xeloda, avastin, zometa; gemzar & avastin; rads to hips; 8 mo on methotrexate+5fu; 5/11 mets to liver/lung; halevan fails;carb&Abrx
Janel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2010 at 9:50pm
Not a clinical trial, it is what my oncologist recommended now that I have failed 2 rounds of Chemo. I have heard of the bag balm and I live in Texas so it is easy to locate at the local feed store.
Thanks
Janel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic