FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whole Brain Radiation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JMJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whole Brain Radiation
    Posted: Jul 30 2019 at 3:11pm
Hi again, has anyone been recommended or received whole brain radiation? Wondering what to expect and how common it is among this community. 

Feeling alone here! And nervous too!
James123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2019 at 4:37pm
I have friend in Chicago who is TNBC who had Mets to brain 2nd occurrence and she had whole brain radiation second time around and surgery 1st time around and the whole brain radiation worked and sheís taking a Parp inhibitor now and is NED!! Thank our Lord and she just went back to work.  Praise God and donít giver give up .  
JMJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2019 at 9:57pm
Oh wow! Thank you for the encouraging reply! Iím in that case now-  I had surgery for my first brain Mets and now this is my second brain Mets and it seems the drs are agreeing whole brain is the best option. 

Iím so glad to hear this led to NED for your friend! God willing, this will be the case for me as well. 

JMJ
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic