Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What does bone mets feel like?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Joan2844 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joan2844 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What does bone mets feel like?
    Posted: Jan 26 2008 at 3:03pm
Good days, and bad days. Lately, I've been having more of the former, where every time I have an ache or a pain, I feel like I'm having a recurrence.

Lately, I've noticed a "bruised" feeling on the top bone of rib cage; opposite side of where I had my cancer. Has anyone experienced bone mets, and did yours start this way? It scares me, and I feel fatigued just worrying about it.

I'm also worried about skin cancer on my face -- noticed two small spots, and have a family history of this.

My husband is being supportive, but I'm stressing him out, as well.

I see my onc for a check up in late March, and have an MRI (follow-up) scheduled for the same time.

Can anyone describe how bone mets felt for them? I know anxiety/worry is part of dealing with cancer, but this is the worst I've felt for a while.

Thanks in advance for your help!
9/06 Stage2B. Pos Nodes; Neg BRAC; TAC/Lumpectomy/Rads/Xeloda.
4/08 Local Recurrence; Mast w/ Latissimus Flap;Taxol/Gemzar/Carbo. Zometa.

NED since May 2008 :-)
www.wow-matt14.blogspot.com
shellieh51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shellieh51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2008 at 3:43pm
I'd call and talk to your Onc or nurse and try to get in sooner.  I was having similar issues with bone pain and my onc scheduled both a PET/CT and Bone scan in December.  Both came back clean - Yippee! - but I know the anxiety you are feeling and I'm sure you're onc will oblige you and see you sooner.  Until you have tangible results, you will continue to make yourself nuts worrying; at least that is what I did.  Take care and I'll keep you in my prayers.
dx 11/6/2006 1.5cm IDC, Gr3, TN, BRCA-, lump, partial breast rads 1/2007, 4 AC, 12 wkly Taxol. Completed tx 8/2/2007. NED 12/2007. Malignant parotid tumor 4/2008. Clear head 4/09 & bones 11/08 -
sunbearz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunbearz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2008 at 6:28pm
 Joan when I was Diag. with bone mets in 2003,It landed in my right and Left hip.I didnt feel a thing at first.Xeloda and Radiation took care of it.
 I think I drove my Dr nuts once I knew I had it. Seemed like a new pain cropped up in some other bone all the time.I was also taking Zometa which is a bone building drug. She eased my fears with MRIs CT scans.
 Finally she said " the medications Im giving you for your bones are going to make many bones ache off and on.They are for all your bones and are keeping them healthy.
 She said the best place to get mets is in the bones because cancer cells have a hard time growing there.It can take years before a major issue will develop.I actually have spots all over my bones, but its still only my hips that ache. I have little twinges here and there elsewhere. They are like pencil led size elsewhere.
 I soon realized the scans are going to pick up bone issues long before I will feel anything.
I know where your coming from.It can be controlled, Ive actually had some spots disappear, which tell me the drugs work.My hip grew back from a three quarters of it eaten away, to overgrowth of the bone , which is why I have pain. Imagine that. A hip growing back.Hey I can walk.
Dx 1998 mast.Bone mets 2003
ac/xeloda,zometa,taxotere,,doxcil,rads to hip
triple neg brca-gemsar
Abraxine
2008 -gemsar/taxol combo
Taxotere ,Ixempra,liver, lung
Mets
Testosterone
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic