Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome From TNBC Foundation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 325326327
Author
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2018 at 10:59pm
Welcome Tishabe, so glad you found us. I've found amazing support here since 2009. I had a recurrence 2 years ago, I came here for help and support before I told anyone but my husband and BFF - it may have saved my life!
What I discovered is a recurrence 2+ years from treatment, if you don't have a genetic predisposition, is very very rare. The odds are it is not TNBC - seriously. But if it is, you can beat it again. What you're going thru is terrifying..I was sure it meant I was a goner. But I'm still here, 2 years out again with No Evidence Of Disease - so know that whatever the tests say you will be okay.
Please let us know what the results are, we're waiting with you now, sending you all the calm thoughts and survivor strength we have
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/17 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
jmrascoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmrascoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2018 at 10:45pm
Hello All,
Desperately seeking a second opinion.  
Heart
Thanks so much for this site.  As all who will read this 
know, this is a tough pill to swallow.  But knowing all
 of us swallowed it and we are still here to hold the hand
of the next one, makes it just a little less harsh, going down.

I am Jennifer, diagnosed with Stage 1 TNBC in April, 2018.
I had lumpectomy on June 11, 2018.  .6 gm RT breast
No cancer in lymph node. (negataive for metastatic carcinoma
Nottingham score:  8 points
Surgical margins:  Negative.  Closest margin:  The invasive carcinoma
at least 1.2 cm from all margins

Chemo suggested for 4 rounds beginning July 16th, 2018.
Radiation for October.
Desperately seeking a second opinion.  Cannot find an
oncologist in Greater Hampton Roads area of Virginia.
I live in Suffolk, VA.  I am willing to travel further
if I have to.  I just need to do this before July 16th, 2018.
Scheduled to see Hampton Proton Therapy for consultation
tomorrow.  
Natalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2018 at 12:08am
Jennifer,
Welcome to the club nobody would willingly join but you came to the greatest one 😘
I had my slides sent to MSKS, you can request yours sent to anyone but would suggest either MD Anderson or Sloan Kettering. My oncologist was on board with it, very easy to do. Sign release for them to send and there gone.
Most oncs have no issue with it. My oncologist and MSKS were on board and agreed on a plan.
We are here for any and everything.
Love & light,
Natalie
TNBC stage1 size 1.8, grade3 no nodes 4/11 Lumpectomy 5/11 4cycles DD A/C 4cycles DD Taxol. Double Mastectomy 12/11 BRCA all neg
jmrascoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmrascoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2018 at 9:50pm
Thanks Natalie,
This is such a refreshing resource.
May I ask what the reason was for the mastectomy?
If you prefer not to share, I understand.  I am curious
because your numbers resemble mine alot.  
gretta58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gretta58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2018 at 9:23am
Good morning, new to group. Guess I'm getting my feet wet. I got myself registered to this group, good start. Now to learn how to navigate. Thanks for having me. My name is Gretta and I have TNBC.
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2018 at 8:33pm
Welcome Gretta! So glad you found us but so sorry for the need. How are you and yours holding up so far? Have you chosen a treatment path yet?
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/17 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
JodiAnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JodiAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2018 at 12:29pm
Hello.  I am glad I found this but wish I saw it earlier.  I was diagnosed June 1,2018 after a long road of tests to see what was going on in my left breast.  The right breast was found with the cancer off an MRI (nothing was seen at all on mammo or ultrasound).  My left breast has since been ruled out and showing no areas of concern.  I traveled from Alabama to Houston to have surgery at MD Anderson Center on July 17.  According to my pathology report I have invasive carcinoma that is 1.3 cm along with DCIS that is 3.4 cm. My invasive carcinoma is stage 1, grade 3, triple negative with a ki67 score of 80% (very high). I have read, researched, talked with other women, and listened to my drs.  I have decided bilateral mastectomy with no reconstruction and then chemo.  After meeting with my breast surgeon at MDA she was mentioning lumpectomy since the tumor is small (1.3 cm) followed by radiation and chemo.  Now I feel torn again and confused as to whether i should go more invasive (mastectomy) or less invasive (lumpectomy).  Scared to death with all that I read about TNBC, recurrence, and recurrence with worse case scenarios. Thanks for letting me introduce and vent all in one.  I will read other's posts.  Bless you all. 
Jodi 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 325326327
  Share Topic