Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome From TNBC Foundation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 323324325
Author
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2018 at 8:22pm
Hi Peggy5,

Have you had your thyroid level checked?  Many of us were left with major thyroid issues following treatment.  If you haven't had your TSH levels tested, ask your primary for a blood test.

Also, do you know your Vitamin D level?  Most of us diagnosed with breast cancer had extremely low or deficient levels of Vitamin D at the time of diagnosis.  

Hope you start feeling like your old self again.  

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Peggy5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2018 at 9:50pm
Hi Donna,
I guess I should edit my original post: I was diagnosed in July, 2016, not 2017.  I've been taking 2000 IU of Vitamin D for years now, since where I live is known for low vitamin D levels.  But I haven't had my thyroid levels checked...I will ask next month when I get my blood pulled....thanks.

Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2018 at 9:53am
Hi Peggy, welcome to the site, but I'm sorry you have to be here. Fatigue is a very common side-effect of cancer treatment, so yes, this is normal. Your job, post-treatment, is to heal and that means listening to your body. Feeling worn-out at the end of a day is very normal for me, in fact, I can't make it through most days without a rest/nap. Like you, cardio sounds daunting to me too. For now, I'm doing yoga as well as strength and tone before I try cardio again, I do my best to include a walk every day (sometimes that means to the pick up the mail). What you're experiencing is part of the new normal for you, something well all learn to figure out. Wishing you good health as you heal, Jacklin
Dx: Nov. 27/15, TNBC, left breast & lymph, BRCA -; Chemo: Dec 4/15 - Mar 4/16; 4 DD A/C, 3 DD Taxol; BMX/ALND: April 26/16; Stage 3C; Radiation: June 10-July 15/16; 1 cycle Xeloda: Aug 15 - 28/16
dolphingirl1224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dolphingirl1224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2018 at 11:09am
Hello everyone, I do not know if this is the place for me to be but I am at a loss right now so I am hoping that someone here might have some insight for me. I am 40 years old and have been having mammograms since I was 22 due to breast density and extremely fibrocyctic Breast tissue. Jan 2nd, went in for annual mammogram. Got called back for diagnostic (not uncommon for me). Went in on 1/18 and was told that I had L breast BIRADS 4 mildly pleomorphic tightly clustered microcalcifications. Went in for stereotatic biopsy on 1/24 mind you they had to go in twice because the tissue is so dense that they couldn't get what they needed from top down approach. Radiologist called me and told me that they found ADH; however, I just got the pathology report and this is what it says. Sclerosing adenosis and atypical lobular hyperplasia with more calcifications from top down. From lateral approach they got more calcifications aytipical ductal hyperplasia, sclerosing adenosis, and possible papillary lesions. I am angry because I was not told any of this and I have to wonder what else they are not telling me, also they want to to an excisional biopsy but what does all of this actually mean. They keep telling me that I am fine and there is nothing to worry about, but both of my grandmothers had breast cancer and I am very concerned.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 323324325
  Share Topic