FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome From TNBC Foundation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 257258259260261 332>
Author
sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 5:37pm
Hi JackiWalkr,

Glad to hear of your positive results and good advice from nutritionist. Thank you for sharing your progress.
Sending happy smiles your way.
Love and Peace,
Sue
Dx 7/10, age 53. TNBC left breast, stage I, grade 3, IDC 0.5 cm, DCI 2.5 cm, 0/8 lymph nodes neg. BRCA-. T/C x4 finished 2/09/11, rads x34 finished 4/21/11.          
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 7:15pm
Dear Sue,
So good to see your posts. I have missed you.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 8:01pm
Dear Lillie,

Thank you for the kind greeting. It is so good to hear from you. I hope things are well with you and your family these days and remain so. I expect to be able to post more often now and also to frequent the spiritual forum once again.

Love and Peace,
Sue
Dx 7/10, age 53. TNBC left breast, stage I, grade 3, IDC 0.5 cm, DCI 2.5 cm, 0/8 lymph nodes neg. BRCA-. T/C x4 finished 2/09/11, rads x34 finished 4/21/11.          
TammyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TammyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 5:46pm
Hi All,

I was recently diagnosed but have moved very quickly to rid myself of this "c-thing" - I had my mammogram on June 19th, followed by that dreaded call back into the room with an immediate ultra sound followed with a biopsy on June 24th with the call on June 25th that I had - gulp - the "c-thing"!  I met with my general surgeon (LOVED her!!) on June 26th and had lumpectomy on July 3rd!  I got the wonderful news on July 10th that the tumors (yes, a smaller one was hiding behind the momma) were smaller than they initially thought and no cancer was found in the lymph nodes (they tested 7) - stage IIA - not sure of all of the other medical info but my surgeon was very pleased and said making the call with better than anticipated news was the favorite part of her job.  I cried for the first time on that phone call - they were tears of joy, relief and knowledge that I WILL beat this and carry of with my life!!  I am only 51 and do not plan on leaving this realm anytime soon!!  

As I am sure we have all done, I had myself dead and buried about 147 times during the past few weeks - but I know without a doubt that I will make it thru this journey as I have with every other road bump with flying colors - as my friends and family have told me - I am the toughest chick they know and will beat this thing!!

I know that chemo will be rough and radiation will not be as bad but I will get thru this - I am writing this now to offer my positivity to all of my fellow TNBC sisters and throw it to the universe for all of us!!  

I look forward to sharing...  
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 6:43pm
Hello TammyG,

Please let me welcome you here. I'm sorry you have a reason to be here, but this is a very good Triple Negative Support Group.
Glad to hear no lymph nodes were involved. Do you know what chemo regimen you will be getting? It really was nice to receive better news than expected on your tests.
Please keep us informed as you progress with your chemo and radiation. You may have questions and someone here always has an answer. WE'VE BEEN THERE AND WE UNDERSTAND.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 7:02pm
Hi TammyG,

Welcome. Thank you for your positivity and sending more out to you. You will find this a very caring, supportive place. Wishing you a successful journey to the end of treatment. Looking forward to hearing your progress reports.

Love and Peace,
Sue
TammyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TammyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 8:06pm
Thanx Lillie!!  Not sure yet on the regimen - I meet with my oncologist for the first time this Wednesday - I do know that I want to be VERY aggressive in my treatment and have been doing a lot of ready about dose dense chemo so I definitely want to talk to her about that - I know that chemo will be rough no matter what but I figure it may be better to get more for a shorter period but will of course listen to my doc in that regard.

I have a feeling that this site will be my "go-to" for questions, support, etc.  as I have NO experience with this whole bc-thing... Smile

TammyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TammyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 8:09pm
Thanx Sue - I anticipate sharing a lot here as I have zero experience with this whole bc-thing and will be relying heavily on my TNBC sisters!!
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 1:30am
Welcome, so sorry you've the reason to be here. You're next thing will be tests - scans galore, just to look around to be sure there's nothing else, and to insure you're healthy enough for the rigors of certain treatments. They usually find "areas of concern", don't freak out! You've lived in your body for 51 years, there's usually anomalies in all of us. I wish someone had warned me! CAT scan showed a concern on my lung and ovary. Chest X-Ray showed lung was a scar from a bad lung infection I had years before. Ultrasound should showed a normal fluid filled cyst on my ovary. Bone scan showed a concern on aback rib. X-Rays showed a healed break I was unaware I'd had - probably a bad car wreck in 1986! I was speaking to my oncologists asst one day and asked, "as long as we're on the phone, do you have the results of my last test, the MUGA heart test?" She dug around and said," oh.  It looks like it's a real concern.... I'll have the Dr. Call you to explain. She's gone for the day, it'll be tomorrow." ?!?!? You're heart has to be healthy enough for the dose dense chemo you've read about. She was wrong - misread it, it was fine. And my Dr. And hospital are awesome! If you do have that chemo you'll be offered a port implanted in your chest.  It sounds icky but is awesome! Having it put in - and taken out - is NBD. Mine was a rock star, so grateful I had it. From the day of my surgery to starting chemo was less than six weeks. 7 months later it was all over. Now 5 years later I'm NED, and my hair is far too long :) I find I like it this way now. I do miss not having to shave my legs or anything for those months! For one summer I never touched a razor, so that's my one thing I give you to look forward to during, lol. 
You're attitude WILL help you thru! You'll be in our thoughts, update us often! Kelly
PS: Hey Lillie! *waves* Always so  good to see my "cancer twin" is still doing well! 
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
TammyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TammyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 9:03am
Thanx Kelly - I was wondering about all of the other tests so I appreciate the insight.  I have a zillion questions for my oncologist on Wednesday so I expect to be there for a while!  I am also concerned about being able to work - my boss has been very supportive and I plan on mostly working from home (fortunately my job is mostly computer related) - does anyone have any insight in that regard??

So far the support I have received from all of you has been sooooooooo appreciated!!

Big smile
dgatson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 7:12pm
I was diagnosed with TNBC July 2013, and as a young single mother I had no idea what to do.  So much information was thrown my way and I honestly didn't know who to turn to or trust.  Through the tears and axiety I came across your website.  I began to read the stories from the women who posted their own personal experiences and I was speechless.  Some had me scared and some gave me hope.  But TNBC helped me make a choice and informed me of being found about TNBC, from medication, radiation, chemotherapy etc. I appreciate this website so much and I continue to check it monthly on new findings about TNBC.
loriafp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loriafp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 7:03pm
I was diagnosed with TNBC about a month ago. My surgery is next week. I have been very strong so far, but right now I am feeling very nervous and anxious. I have been told that I will have 4 - 6 months of chemo and then radiation. I just don't know how to envision my next year. I am willing to accept what I have to do, but I am looking for support.
loriafp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loriafp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 7:08pm
Hi Tammy,
Please let me know how you are doing. It looks like we are both 51 and were diagnosed at the same time. If you would like to keep in touch with me, I would like that. I don't know anyone who has had breast cancer, if you can believe it. We can be strong for each other!

TammyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TammyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 7:22pm
Hi,

I would like that very much - I am actually and unfortunately finding out that there are quite a few of us out there that have this bc-thing.   I met with my onc last week and will start my chemo on 7/31 - 6 rounds every 3 weeks.  I am not the most patient person so I just want this all done!  I met with my radiation onc tomorrow so I am hoping I can start the radiation as soon as I finish with the chemo.  I have resolved myself to losing my hair, eyebrows, etc. and ordered a wig, eye brow/lash, hats, etc. to get me thru this.  It really is empowering to DO something that will get me thru all of this.  I have been eating better (I was a junk food junkie) and really do feel a lot better.  I can tell you that drinking lots and lots of fluids helped me post-surgery.  My onc could not believe I only had the surgery 2 weeks prior when she examined me.

All in all, I am holding up fairly well - keeping myself busy with work, home and 1 year old terrier pup definitely helps!  Not sure how you can send me your email address privately but if you figure it out, please do so we do not have to keep posting on the web-site.

So tell me about you...

All the best,
Tammy
TriplePositiveGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 7:42pm
Hi Lori and Tammy,

I just wanted to wish both of you the best of luck as you journey down this road. I can relate to everything you say. It's a bummer for sure, but you will get through it and get back to living your life in no time. It seemed like forever while I was going thru treatment, but I do remember my very last day of radiation like it was yesterday. It was really overwhelming. 

Take good care of yourselves!

Lisa

Lisa
Diagnosed Jan 2010; Stage IIa, grade 2, 3.2cm in rt. breast, no nodes and BRCA-. 4 cycles Carbo/Gemzar 3/10; Lump 6/10; 2 cycles carbo/gem after surgery 8/10; 35 Rads finished 12/1/10. NED.
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 8:20pm
You can Private Message anyone who is posting. Tammy, you can click on loriafp's name and a list will appear. Click on send Private Message and you can send your private information that way.

It is a wonderful way to converse without everyone being able to read it.

Good luck to both of you.
Lori, you were wondering how to visualize the year ahead. My advise would be to take the time day by day, as much as possible. It's too overwhelming to try to envision a year in advance.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
sthollow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sthollow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 12:02am
Hello I am new to this site. My name is Sarah and I am a 32 year old wife and mother of two small children...3 years old & 4 months old. I was diagnosed with TNBC on 5/13/14. I began treatment on 5/27. So far I have had 3 rounds of AC. After my second round my doctor did an ultrasound to see if the tumor and lymph nodes were responding. Thankfully they did...my tumor shrunk 95% (originally 7cm), the nodes under my arm regained benign appearance and the two near my breast bone shrunk as well. My doctor was very pleased with my results. I have one more round of AC then I move on to Taxol x 12 weekly with Carboplatin every 3rd week. My doctor said that he was impressed especially since its the taxol/carbo combo that usually really does a number on the tumor. My friends, family and I couldn't have been happier with the news but I still struggle emotionally everyday with the uncertainty of what my future holds. I am optimistic and try to be as positive as I can but I have moments that I become very emotional. Luckily I have plenty distractions like work, friends and of course my precious kids one of whom has more energy that she knows what to do with :) Thank you for listening. Any tips or pointers for treatment and coping would be great. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers!!

Sarah xoxo
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:52am
Hi Sarah (sthollow)!  So glad you found us, even though this is one club no one wants to join.  There are lots of good information on this site and many warm and loving people here who will help you through this journey.  It sounds like you are having a great response to the chemo and hope it keeps shrinking those bad cells!  

Have you had your Vitamin D level checked?  Most of us dx are deficient in Vitamin D.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 11:58am

Hello Sarah,   I just wanted to mention that as far as coping goes I think it is great that you have so many wonderful distractions! That will surely help. In the meantime the emotions that you display are very normal. Try and think in terms of one day at a time as often as possible. Along the way you will receive help from many here when you need to talk, ask a question or express your emotions as well.
               There is a Spiritual Support forum on this site and you can go there or post there too if you feel like doing so.
               Please know that you are never alone.
               God Bless! Love, Annie
Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
krabiek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krabiek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2014 at 12:41pm
 HEllo everyone - I am new to this forum  I am 59 and just diagnosed  I am retired Army, as is my husband, no kids but 5 4-legged fur babies. i am a dept of the Army civilian right now, was a defense contractor for a while, but also an artist. We bought a lake house 7 years ago, which also has a wonderful second building for a real stuidio. I've seen my military friends wait for retirement and have serious health issues, i've seen in the last few years my colleagues and friends come down with some sort of cancer and fight and sometimes lose. i just told my husband that our glide path to retirement retirement and full time lake house was sped up and then i got the diagnosis.I've got a great team behind me but since i was just diagnosed 2 weeks ago and on the tests and scans roller coaster i am struggling with emotions. i have BFF that went thru Throid cancer stage III and is 4 y ears clean and helping ground me but just as i figured out where i wanted to be in life i get this curve ball...
My tumor is over 7 cm and the one lymph node is 2.6. my scans tomorrow will tell me more or if it spread. needless to say my anxiety is thru the roof...
another friend who was TNBC was on this site a lot and when she found out i was she sent me the link and glad i found you all...
day at a t time...karen
PS i type crappy so if there are misspellings and such, I apologize in advance
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 257258259260261 332>
  Share Topic