Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome From TNBC Foundation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 245246247248249 324>
Author
Scottishlass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottishlass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 12:46pm
Depression is winning at the moment waiting for scan to find out if it has spread, not eating have had hell
For past few years struggling to cope, this siteis godsend thank you all, love Lindsey in Aberdeen, Scotland 
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 2:55pm
Dear Lindsey, and all of us who suffer...

I have posted "Reasons for the Storm of Life" on the Spiritual Support thread.  If this is something that appeals to you, please drop by and read. 

It doesn't make my problems go away, but it helps me to understand and cope.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2015-9 yrs NED
Kk44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kk44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 6:43pm
Hi Scottishlass.
This diagnosis of cancer and TN status really can throw you for a loop. Depression is so common with people who have been diagnosed with a serious illness. I personally battled with depression, be for my diagnosis and some with this diagnosis. "They" do recommend any one with this sort of diagnosis, seek help with a psycharitist and counselor . Ask if they have experience with cancer patients. 
I think it would be a good idea myself, I am seeing one now.
How were you before this diagnosis? I don't know what your story is, as I can't find any earlier posts by you.
Do oyu have support from family and friends?
Depression is a tough illness to battle, and totaly understandable.
I dont know if you have read any of my previous posts, but I have let it all out on this site.
it ha been sooo helpful.
You are just reacienty diagnosed, I think, and I know there is a process we all go through. Some faster than others. 
The shock, the denial, "I'm going to die", why me, .........
This diagnois dosen't mean you are a gonner, you may have to go through some touch stuff, but dont give up yet. 
Take things one day at a time, and I mean that literally. when you get up in the morning, yust keep telling yourself you can endure anything for one day, and take it one step at a time.
I know it's hard to concentrate now, but try to keep your mind busy. When I felt like crap, I even did cross-stitch . Ive never done it before and because I did not have the energy to do anything else it kept my mind busy. Anything will do, puzzles, sewing,.....
Take time to take care of you. Make time to do the things that make ( or used to) happy. Tke extra time to do little things for yourself, buy some really nice body cream take the time to put it on.
When you feel really bad, don't be hard on yourself, it's just a chemo day.
I have probably rambled on to much. Please keep posting and let me know what is going on with you, or just to say hi. I've been meaning to right you since friday, and you were in my thoughts all weekend.
be well
Karen

Diagnosis June 6/2012
Lumpectomy 6/20/2012.
IDC.1.8 cm. grade 3/3. TN
Chemo started 7/20/2012
4 A/C DD. -
4 T. DD every 2 weeks.
Then 33 Rads.
finished TX Feb 22,2013
44 yrs. 2 kids girls 10 & 13
beck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 7:23pm
scottishlass,, i to have been there when i was diagnoised in 2007 i had er postive, i was a mess then, even worse then i was with this one. at the clinic i must of looked like a zombie. at home i couldnt do anything, my granddaughter was 11 and lived with us, i prayed id make it till she was 15, one day after she turned 15 , i was told i had tn, what the heck,now im praying i make it till shes 60, im not taking chances, i to do the cross stitch and stay busy my grandaughter is 16 now , people dont under stand where your coming from, they havent been there , its hard, its been a year down for me on this one, but look at it this way, when we are in our 80s we are going to be so pissed at ourselves for wasting this time on worring, your not alone in this take it one day at a time, youll get there   BECK
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 8:08pm
Hi Scottishlass,
Karen and Beck sound like they could be talking about me.  This post is just to let you know that depression is a very real and present thing when you are diagnosed and battling cancer.  Karen is so right on about how you see a therapist, request medication, take it 15 minutes at a time, whatever is required to get through.  It doesn't feel like it now, but you WILL WIN THIS BATTLE.  Just keep sharing, you are not alone.  WE UNDERSTAND!!!!

Love and God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
Scottishlass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottishlass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 3:07am
Thanks for posting girls really appreciate it, saw surgeon yesterday starting chemo soon then double-mastectomy with reconstruction, I have scan tomorrow and terrified it has spread.
I have been given some vallium and I am taking it would take anything to be honest am trying to think hour by hour, watching a good film anything.
I feel this is all someone else's life and talk to my friends in disbelief, but having this site is an absolute godsend, bless you all my American friends. Lindsey xx
ud45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ud45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 10:35am
Yesterday I received my biopsy report with it, a diagnosis of 'invasive ductal carcinoma' with triple negative immunohistorychemistry. I am not sure what this means but most of the info online seem to be negative. I have an appointment with an oncologist on the 31st and I understand staging will be done then. I am 46 with 3 children and not sure how to share this with them. I actually had hoped to see the oncologist earlier to get the ball rolling since from what I have read,  tnbc is usually aggressive, but there is no opening before next week friday. I appreciate info from anyone with this type of cancer about what treatment entails. Thank you.
Grateful for today View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful for today Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 12:07am
ud45,

Glad you found this website. You will find a lot of good information here and many caring members.
Sorry you just received a breast cancer diagnosis.
Sorry you joined at a time when the website has had an influx of spammers. Usually there is minimal
spam on the website. The TNBC Foundation is working on the recent spam issue.
(TNBC=triple negative breast cancer)

First, you are correct there is a lot of negative and incorrect information on the internet about TNBC.
The correct information is that most survive TNBC.
   There is a thread on the forum about survivors:
               http://forum.tnbcfoundation.org/survivors-needed_topic8221.html

TNBC is breast cancer with cells that do not have estrogen receptors, progesterone receptors, or large amounts of HER2/neu protein. Also called ER-negative PR-negative HER2/neu-negative breast cancer.
There is a pamphlet which can be downloaded/viewed/ordered on Understanding TNBC at:
             http://www.lbbc.org/Understanding-Breast-Cancer/Guides-to-Understanding-Breast-Cancer/Guide-to-Understanding-Triple-Negative-Breast-Cancer

There is a thread that includes several other threads that may be helpful for the newly diagnosed.
      http://forum.tnbcfoundation.org/tnbc-info-on-this-website_topic10166.html

LBBC (Living Beyond Breast Cancer) just had a program that is now available on podcast for the
newly diagnosed   (podcast for breast cancer in general not TNBC)
     http://forum.tnbcfoundation.org/newly-diagnosed1-8-13-lbbc-podcastc-andersmd_topic10665.html

You mentioned you have 3 children and not sure how to share the information with them.
I am going to start a new thread   "Talking with children about breast cancer" for any one to share
their thoughts or resources they found on that topic.
   http://forum.tnbcfoundation.org/topic10868_post109587.html#109587
In addition, you may light to consider the TNBC Helpline which is staffed by experienced oncology
social workers.......and talk with them about speaking with your children about breast cancer.
You can also ask to speak with a social worker at the center you are receiving your care.
Information on the TNBC Helpline:
The Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation® has partnered with CancerCare to offer free, professional support services to patients, families and health providers coping with a diagnosis of triple negative breast cancer. The TNBC Helpline is staffed by experienced oncology social workers with specific knowledge of triple negative disease. In addition to counseling, TNBC Helpline staff can assist callers in availing themselves of the various other services CancerCare has to offer including, where appropriate, helping patients apply for co-pay assistance, transportation and other social services.
To speak to an expert social workers, please call the toll free number
Monday through Thursday 9am to 7pm EST and Friday 9am to 5pm EST.
877-880-TNBC (8622)
You can also contact one an experienced social workers by email at TNBCHelpline@cancercare.org

Sending you caring and positive thoughts,
Grateful for today...........Judy
ud45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ud45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 7:44am
Thank you Grateful for today for your advice. I will certainly take advantage of the helpline. it has been 2 days since i received the diagnoses and I have not been able to sleep or function well due to anxiety. I hope they can advice on how to talk to my children. This site has been a blessing to me. Thanks again.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:09am
ud45,

We understand the shock and disbelief you are experiencing upon this diagnosis.  The anxiety is horrible.  Ask your doctor to prescribe something for you during this stressful time.  Many oncologists will prescribe Ativan to help with the anxiety.  It's hard enough to deal with the diagnosis, but even more difficult to make treatment decisions, talk to family members and just function in your daily life.

Hugs,
Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 9:40am
Dear ud45,

I am so sorry you have need of this website, but thank God you found it.  You are correct in that the negative information on the web is frightening.  They don't tell you about all of us women who are survivors.  They don't give you the hope and encouragement and someone to hold your hand as you go through treatments, that we can do. 
Sometimes the ages and personalities of your children determine the best way to share the news.  Please share with us your staging and treatment plan as soon as you get them in place.  The first few weeks are the most stressful for most of us.  After a treatment plan is in place you will be better able to cope.  Keep posting and know that WE UNDERSTAND.

God Bless,
Lillie

Edited by Lillie - Jan 25 2013 at 9:42am
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
ud45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ud45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 1:26pm
Dear Lillie,
Thank you for you words of encouragement.. I have been reading the stories of survivors here and I trust that God will help me too. I cant wait to see the surgeon and oncologist in order to get the treatment going. I got some useful info on how to tell the kids from cancercare.org, I hope to tell them as soon as I can get my emotion in check. Thanks again........ud45

beck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 2:53pm
my advice is take on day at a time, im one year out from tn 5 years out from er postive, yes i can relate to how you feel , it is normal but it gets eaisier, and goes faster then you will think, my granddaught was 11 when i was diagnoised in 2007 with er postive and 15 when i got tn , now is 16 she live with us, it was scary for her at first, then she realized it didnt change her life to much, even through treatment , i still did pretty much the normal things , one thing you will need, is a cozy little stop just for you , you have to take time for yourself, just take it slow you like the rest of us on here will get there Beck
ud45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ud45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 9:55am
Dear Beck,
Thanks for your words of encouragement. This site has been a blessing to me. prior to Wednesday I knew very little about breast cancer, I did not even know that there are different types of bc. When I first got the news, I felt alone, but this site has connected me to a family of women who have been touched by this disease. I hope that as I go through this process, I too can be a source of inspiration to others. Thanks.....Ud45
Rob&Kel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob&Kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 4:08am
I have just joined on behalf of my late wife, Kelly.  This organization and website is wonderful and I intend on supporting it however I can.  I have a sensitive question that I hope will not be offensive to you or others that come across this post.  For those brave women who have fought hard against TNBC but unfortunately succumbed to this awful disease, is there an area on this website where names are listed in honor of their memory and their battle?  Might there be other websites that you are familiar with that would offer such a tribute?  If so, I would like to add my dear Kelly's name to that list of warriors.

Carol (Tenn) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 5:02am
Yes, there is. So sorry about the passing of your wife.
click on Forum Jump...below...then TNBC Tributes.
Hope this is helpful.
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Rob&Kel Rob&Kel wrote:

I have just joined on behalf of my late wife, Kelly.  This organization and website is wonderful and I intend on supporting it however I can.  I have a sensitive question that I hope will not be offensive to you or others that come across this post.  For those brave women who have fought hard against TNBC but unfortunately succumbed to this awful disease, is there an area on this website where names are listed in honor of their memory and their battle?  Might there be other websites that you are familiar with that would offer such a tribute?  If so, I would like to add my dear Kelly's name to that list of warriors.

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife, Kelly.  Yes this forum has a Tribute section.  Please post about your beloved wife.  It means so much to us to have our loved ones remembered.  If you need help setting up the thread, just let us know and we'll walk you through it.  You just need to follow this link, then click to start/add a new topic/thread.

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 12:27pm
Dear Rob,
I am so sorry to hear about the death of your beloved wife Kelly.  And YES we would love to have you include her in the tributes section.  I added the name of Laurie Pearson yesterday, a friend of mine, who died this past Sunday.  We are passionate about getting triple negative breast cancer into the 'front row'.  And just as passionate about remembering "all" who fought the good fight and lost.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
btstark2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btstark2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 11:09am
Dear Rob,

Please accept my sincere sympathy on the loss of your wife Kelly.  I will pray for strength and peace for you and will look for your tribute to Kelly on our TNBC tribute topic site.

Love and peace,
Beth
2008 Stg1 TNBC, LX, FEC+T, rads
2010 2.5cm tumor BRCA-, BMX,CMF
2011 LN mets, Gem/Carbo, surgery, rads
2012 lung mets, PI3Ki/taxo
2013 anti-PD-1
2014/15 Xeloda, IMMU-132, eribulin
Aug 2015 Keytruda
beck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 11:36am
didnt know where to ask this , but how do i put my info at bottom of post like so many of you have done, beck
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 245246247248249 324>
  Share Topic