Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome From TNBC Foundation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 327>
Author
6sisters View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6sisters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 7:11pm
Hummie--
It does cover the entire head and the scarf tails hang down in the back --they can be worn like that or tied.  I got the black and white silk Italia and love it -- cute little swarovski angel on the back of one tie. Nicely made and  Cute - do get one ordered.
6sisters
Rudy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rudy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 7:27pm
Helen,
I know exactly what you mean!  There is so much involved with going out, by the time it gets to make up, I couldn't care less!  If you do too much, then there's no energy left to do what you went out to do!!!  I'm just taking the next 3 months off from hair and make up!  I've only been doing it for 43 years!!
57 yrs/dx 3/24 IDC/Stage 2 Gr3 3.5cm Cl trial (Ad/Tax)neoadj. chemo April. BiMX with exp June. ACx1 July. Implants August. Started chemo again Sept. A/Cx2. Called it quits Oct. Port removed Nov.
amorris1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amorris1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 8:08pm
Need Advice!!!  My 54 yr old sister was diagnosed with tnbc 12/07 2-3 lymph nodes and stage 3.  Just had CT on lung to find 10mm mass that is suspicious of mets. and enlarged lymph nodes.  Also had Brain CT but no report yet.  We are so concerned  for her.  Can anyone give me a suggestion as to a good tnbc center to have a second opinion for her????
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 8:30pm
Amorris1,

Can you tell us where your sister lives?  There are many recommendations, but maybe something will be closer to you.  I was thinking about MD Anderson, Dr. Lisa Carey at UNC Chapel Hill, Mayo, Sloan Kettering.  Others may chime in with recommendations.  It's important to find someone who's TNBC savvy.

Good luck and keep us posted on your sister.

Donna

Edited by 123Donna - Sep 25 2010 at 8:46pm
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

amorris1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amorris1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 8:35pm
She lives in Louisville, ky
hummingbird10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hummingbird10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 8:36pm
Dear AMorris1,
Can you tell where you/your sister are located?  If traveling is not too
much of an issue, please let me recommend "The James"  at The Ohio State University

http://cancer.osu.edu/.       

I will post another message for you shortly.  But this will get you started looking at the site.
It is located in Columbus, Ohio.
amorris1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amorris1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 8:38pm
Donna,
I agree she needs someone very TNBC as I keep looking for the top cancer centers but am not sure if they are top in TNBC.  She is very discouraged and a single mother trying to handle this on her own.  Thanks for your response
amorris1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amorris1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 8:39pm
Thanks for the suggestion.  Is OSU knowledgeable with tnbc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hummingbird10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 8:44pm
AMorris1,
Follow up info.  The James has  NCI CCC  and does research in TNBC and has patients
who are TNBC  being treated presently.   If you decide to go with this facility I would be
happy to help you as I go there and my oncologist does research in TNBC.

Good luck to your sister in deciding. Sorry to hear she is having to go through all
this.   Louisville isn't that far from us up here. 

"As one of the nation’s leading comprehensive cancer centers, our groundbreaking discoveries are changing the way the world diagnoses, treats and prevents cancer." 

Best,
Hummie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hummingbird10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 8:49pm
AMorris,
My onc received last year's foundation award from Pelatonia to research TNBC.
He is a recognized leader in his field and head of research. 

Check out the web site above and see what you think.

Actually, one of our Triple Neg. patient went to another very well-known facility in TX
and said OSU was better.  I have never gone anywhere else because I knew I was
pretty lucky to live here.

Hummie
Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 8:56pm
AMorris,

Go back to the main homepage on this site, I'm fixing to "bump" up a thread called Notch TN new trial...it has some clinical trial info & contact name and number on it for the James. Along with clicking on Hummie's link to their main web-site.

Scott
amorris1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amorris1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 9:10pm
Hummie,
Thanks so much for the encouraging news!!  I just talked with my sister and she would be interested in making an appointment with your oncologist.  She first needs to get her Brain CT results back and results from the lung biopsy so we know exactly what we are dealing with.  How would we go about making an appointment with him and can you give us his name?  Thanks for helping us.
Amorris1
amorris1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amorris1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 9:19pm
Scott,
Thanks so much!!  I did find the thread and read the info on the trial.  I think we might take my sister up to the James-OSU to get another opinion and hopefully treatment.
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 9:46pm
AMorris1:

Hi there!

It sounds like you are really having a difficult time with all this news of your sister.  I know Vanderbilt in Tennessee has some great TN docs there, I think I posted on a thread here about the research they are doing.  I will check it out for you.  It might be easier to get there rather than Ohio? My son is in Tennessee that is why I know you are close by.  Check out their web site.

We are here for you, so keep focused.  We will help you find a doctor to get your sister the treatment she needs.  Is she able to make the drive?  We don't have any of her stats, etc. 
Keep strong and know that you are not alone and neither is your sister.
Another sister on the journey,
Helen in NS
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hummingbird10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 9:54pm
Helen our sister in Nova Scotial,
AMorris1's sister is right in between the two states.  Vandy is a fine school, too.  Family member
graduated from there.  You are correct, another sister on this journey.  We have to hang on
strong.

Hummie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hummingbird10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 9:58pm
AMorris1,
I think we should send each other complete info through our private e-mail
as this will probably get detailed. 
Helen, can you help us out on how to arrange the private e-mail?

H.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hummingbird10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 9:58pm
Scott,
Thanks for your help! 
Hummie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hummingbird10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 10:16pm
AMorris1---
Where has your sister received treatment? 
Hummie

TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 10:28pm
Hummie & AMorris:
We can use our own email by sending our information through a private message here on this site. 

Click on the down arrow next to the name of the person you want to message.  If you want hummie then click on that arrow next to hummingbird10 and it will give you options, choose send private message and it will come up as a message, type what you want and it will be privately sent to her.  You can then put your email address in that message to contact each other privately.  Hope this helps.  Helen in NS
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hummingbird10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 10:39pm
Helen,
Just sent AMorris a private message.
Thanks alot for explaining it.
Hummie
(signing off tonight to get some zzzzzzz)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 327>
  Share Topic