FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome From TNBC Foundation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 327328329
Author
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2018 at 10:11am
Dear Deb,

Welcome to our wonderful, supportive family.

I am glad you wrote and have a suggestion. Please contact the hospital where you were treated and see if they have a Supportive Care unit. They should be able to make a referral to a professional who can give you some psycho/social support to help you with what you are dealing with. Ideally, someone who is an expert in cancer and the anxiety it can cause.

Please seek some professional help. There is no 'easy' here, from my experience but a good therapist should help.

with warmest wishes for as good a Thanksgiving for you as possible.

warmly,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
Meadow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2018 at 11:29am
Dear Deb, I had some emotional unravelling after chemo - panic attacks, depression, some obsessive/compulsive behavior very uncharacteristic of me. It was the fallout of my body and psyche being assaulted over a period of a year with chemo, multiple surgeries, and fears about dying. I found a great therapist who helped me through it. Steve's suggestion is right on the mark. Please do reach out as he suggests, and I think you will find a caring person who can help.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 327328329
  Share Topic