FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Used Ports?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
scared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Used Ports?
    Posted: Mar 02 2010 at 10:59am
Our surgeon asked if we wanted to keep our port, we said no so he threw it away.  I am wondering are those able to be recycled?

It seems our cost like almost two grand and IF (big if) it could be reused then it should have been, but again I don't know.

So, did you get rid of yours or keep it?

Just wondering.

Dave
Wife diagnosed 7/08 stage 2B 4.78cm with 3 nodes. 15 weeks of Adriamycin and Cytoxin, Mastectomy, 12 weeks of Taxol, and 6.5 weeks of radiation.
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2010 at 4:27pm
Hi Dave,

I have no idea whether they could be recycled, I don't know that I would want to use one recycled either.

The first time diagnosed I wore mine for a year after treatment.  Went thru treatment again in 2007 and still wearing my port.  Doubt I'll ever get rid of it.  I have other health issues that land me in the hospital on occasion and I am so very glad I have my port.  Also can get blood draws thru it, just a handy thing to me.  We do have to keep them flushed though.
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic