FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Type of Breast Cancer

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: What type of Breast Cancer Do You Have?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [4.64%]
170 [87.63%]
2 [1.03%]
9 [4.64%]
2 [1.03%]
2 [1.03%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Type of Breast Cancer
    Posted: Jul 04 2007 at 6:05am

In my Susan Love Book there are 11 types of Breast Cancer.

I am curious although I know we had a thread going as to what kind you have been diagnosed with and this way it will put it all in one spot for quick looking.Smile

I have allowed multiple votes because some women are diagnosed w/more than one type so please only vote once, thanks!

Note:  the multiple vote idea of mine doesn't work the way I thought it would, we can only vote for one type, I apologize.

Edited by trip2 - Jul 05 2007 at 4:49am
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
dayna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dayna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2007 at 6:14am
 I have just discovered thi site. Thank you
 I wasnt sure where to put this info- DX at 45 IDC trip neg , stage 1
  grade 2, no lymph nodes, no family history had lumpectomy 6 rounds of 5fu epirubicin and cytoxin, and 34 rads. I did clinical trials
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2007 at 6:49am
Well dayna, I posted you a welcome but guess it went poof in cyberspace.Smile
Welcome to you and thank you for joining us. 
I think we need somewhere for the new members to introduce themselves.
That is interesting that you have participated in clinical trials.
Could you possibly start a new thread and tell us about what trials you were in, what you thought about being in a trial, did it help you, that sort of thing?  We'd love to hear about this.
Also don't forget to vote in our new polls, thanks!
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
lucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2007 at 1:10pm
Thanks for putting it all in one place, trip and for remembering my type.
It's  glycogen rich  (  not glycerin )   .....    oh well,  maybe with the name change and all -  it will now be forever  non-existent.    LOL

Could you Please post what the  11   ones are.
I have: "Glycogen Rich Clear Cell Carcinoma of the Breast." Does Anyone else have this Rare form of breast cancer ???
Raine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2007 at 1:20pm
I have had medullary, IDC and DCIS so which one do I use or do I vote 3 times? Do let me know

trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2007 at 4:38am
Raine I am so sorry, I do apologize!  I thought we could vote for multiple types if we have had them but the multiple voting doesn't work that way so we can only vote once.
I have set up a new poll for those that have been diagnosed with more than one type of breast cancer, a yes/no thing.
Your information is also in your post here so we have that to look at also.
Thanks for asking and my apologies again for goofing up.

Edited by trip2 - Jul 05 2007 at 4:44am
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2007 at 5:06am
Lucky, you are very welcome and thank you for correcting me on the spelling!  I surely wish by spelling it wrong it would go away!  What an intresting theory,hmm. lol  The correction has been made to the poll.

In my 2005 Susan Love book she lists the following types.

Infiltrating ductal      70%
Invasive lobular        10%
Medullary                    6.0%
Mucinous or colloid      3.0%
Tubular                        1.2%       
Adenocystic                  0.4%                 
Papillary                       1.0%
Carcinosarcoma            0.1%
Paget's disease            3.0%
Inflammatory                1.0%
In situ breast cancer    5.0%
     ductal                      2.5%
      lobular                    2.5%

Per the book *There can be combinations of any of these types.

Actually there are 13 in this list, my mistake and apologies to those who have in situ breast cancer.  Going thru chemo right now and guess I was't counting very well.Smile
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
lucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2007 at 12:48pm
Thanks for the list.

Dear World,

There are people out there who have "glycogen rich clear cell carcinoma of the breast."    But -  if you're not keeping stats on us - we won't make it.

Yours in better breast cancer and triple negative treatments,

Lucky

Edited by lucky - Jul 05 2007 at 12:51pm
I have: "Glycogen Rich Clear Cell Carcinoma of the Breast." Does Anyone else have this Rare form of breast cancer ???
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2007 at 4:24am
Lucky I can't even imagine your frustration!
Big hugs,

Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
lucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2007 at 2:24pm
Hi,

Thanks for yours and everyone's understanding !  
I also understand what each and everyone one of you are going thru.

Hugs all around !!   Hug

Sending out an   S.O.S.   to  All  the doctors, researchers, and pharmaceutical companies !!
Shalom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shalom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2007 at 5:22am

Ok I see 13 types of bc but the doctor said I have poorly differentiated adenocareinoma does any one know what is?

trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2007 at 2:10am

Shalom, my book says that "adenocarcinoma" is a cancer arising in gland forming tissue.  Breast cancer is a type of adenocarcinoma.

Poorly differentiated is reported after the pathologist looks at your tumor and the info is found on your path report. 
"The pathologist who sees wild-looking (poorly differentiated) cells will predict that such cells are usually more aggressive, while the cells that look more normal (well differentiated) are usually less agressive.  The cells in between are called moderatly differentiated.  But poorly differentiated cells aren't a sign of doom-the fact that they look wild doesn't guarantee they'll act that way or can't be treated.  Most brest cancers are either modertaly or poorly differentiated, but many women who have these cells do fine."
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
kimd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 1:54pm
I have       invasive lobular carcinoma

not on your list but wanted to poll
dx 7/07 at 38
Invasive lobular carcinoma
lumpectomy(double margins clear) sentinal node clear
A&C 4x every 2 weeks
taxol 4x every 2 weeks( bad reactions)
30 rounds of radiation
brca1-&2-
kirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 9:07pm
Kimd,

That would be ILC. Invasive lobular carcinoma
kirby

dx Feb. 2001. Age 44
Lumpectomy

2cm. no nodes stage 1 grade 3

4 rnds AC, 35 rads
kimd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 4:52pm
Thanks....chemo brain if aweful....  I will add it to the list
dx 7/07 at 38
Invasive lobular carcinoma
lumpectomy(double margins clear) sentinal node clear
A&C 4x every 2 weeks
taxol 4x every 2 weeks( bad reactions)
30 rounds of radiation
brca1-&2-
cduvall1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cduvall1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2008 at 5:26pm
Don't know what to check.  I have invasive metaplastic carcinoma/matrix producing.
KATLADY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KATLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 7:40pm
Hi Lucky I have clear cell carcinoma of the breast.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic