FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tumor Almost gone. Nodes stay half size. Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jojocat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojocat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tumor Almost gone. Nodes stay half size. Help
    Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 2:39am
Hi everyone:
     I am a 35 year old mom with 2 princesses 6 and 8. I do not want to die from tnbc and get my treatment I SLoan Kettering in NYC. I have 2 more TX left, my tumor shrinks from 4.5 cm to almost nothing. One of the lymph nodes stays with the half of its size since the last AC. The other became very small.   
     Is is possible to have swollen nodes but all cancer cells dead? I am curious. Anyone has experience? Or the cleared nodes must be gone?
       My doc did not check my vitamin D level and refused to add carboplatin to taxol. Should I take Vitamin d3 by myself? Should I go get more chemo if I don't get PCR?

Joanie
DX 10/24/2013 Between stage 2b and 3a. 2 big nods 1.8cm a d 1.4 cm. tumor 4.5 cm.   35 years old. 11/15/2013. AC/T
mconnelly0803 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mconnelly0803 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 9:21am
Hi

I have been here since I was diagnosed in june 2013. My original diagnosis at biopsy was 3.6 cm tumor on my right breast with one positive lymph node and no lymphatic invasion. 3 weeks later in mid July I received AC chemo dose dense. At physical exam and MRI at around this time the tumor must have been grew to about 5 cm. so although the biopsy said I was stage 2b my oncology who treats me think I was 3a because of the size of the tumor. After the 2nd AC we can't felt the tumor but during the mid of the 12-weekly taxol, I started to notice more significant lump. This lump grew at the end of my treatment. MRI and mammo showed masses but didn't know if cancer left until I had surgery double mastectomy in Jan 7 th this year. The residual cancer mass is 2 cm and the lymph node is negative. I'm seeking clinical trial. There is one clinical trial in my hospital MGH and first I got a spot for it but yesterday I found out that I wasn't qualified because the trial aimed at patient with hormones receptors less than 10%, whereas my estrogen is less than 10% but progesterone is 15% which made me disqualified. I'm very disappointed. The name of the clinical trial is cisplatin given concurrently with radiation for triple negative. You will find it in Dana Farber or MGH website. See if you could qualified. Hope this help.
debB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 10:55am
Hi Joanie,

I know we have had some other women that have had tumors that had not shrunk past a certain point during chemo, but when they did final path with surgery it was all dead tissue. Not lymph nodes, per se, like you mention, but the same principle I think. There is no way to know until the final path. Lately there have been several women who have talked their docs into additional chemo after surgery when they had residual disease even though it is not standard of care.

Hoping it is all just dead cells! Good luck.
Deb
Dx 4/29/11, 46 yrs old, 3.9 cm tumor, Stg 2 Grade 3 chemo 4 rounds DD AC, 12 weekly taxol, finish. Lumpectomy, 2mm residual tumor. 37 rounds rads completed. Cisplatin/PARP trial
christina1961 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christina1961 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 6:23pm
I had a partial response to chemo. My original tumor was 2.5 cm on mammography and measured 2 cm on MRI. After six cycles of TAC, I had a mastectomy and it measured 2 cm with two positive nodes. They also found 5-10% ER receptors at surgery that had not shown up in the needle biopsy. I am on tamoxifen but don't know if it helps or not. My PR is negative. Following the mastectomy and rads, I entered a clinical trial with eribulin. I was absolutely scared to death and convinced I would not be around much longer. I am possibly at the 3 year mark today - maybe the 8th, can't remember for sure!
2.5 cm TNBC, BRCA-, diag. 2/11, neoadj chemotherapy, uni MX, y2cm,2/16 nodes, RCBII, tumor retested 5-10%ER+,PR-,Her2-, rads, clin trial eribulin 10/11-2/12, tamox.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic