FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trip neg bc a second time?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trip neg bc a second time?
    Posted: Jun 14 2007 at 7:17am
I was just wondering if anyone on this board has been diagnosed a second time w/bc and triple neg?

I was originally dx in 12/02 w/ IDC, triple neg and again this last Feb. 07 also triple neg on the other side which was called a new primary.  This time I went w/a double mastectomy.

Pam

CalGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CalGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2007 at 8:08am
Hi Pam-

Yes, both my initial dx in 9/04 (invasive on left, DCIS on right, clear SNB) and recurr and liver mets dx in 12/05 were trip neg. 

I had bi-lat lump's and rad'tn on the initial dx.  On the recurr and mets dx, they left the breast tumor in as a marker.   I've been NED for almost a year! Due to discovering I'm BRCA1 (with all those additional risks), I'm considering a bi-lat mast, recon and later, an ooph

CalGal
BRCA1
9/04 Bi-lat lump, clear SNB
38x Rad'tn
12/05 Recurr bc & mets to liver
06 the year of chemo
NED for 13 mos until 7/07
Lung met. PARP trial until ...
2/08 Liver mets again
Raine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2007 at 1:57pm
Hi Pam

My 1st dx was in 01/97 and was trip neg. Had lump and 14 nodes removed 6 +, 6 x AC and rads.
Dx with new primary other breast 06/2006. Had lump and nodes removed 29+ no clear margins so back for Mastectomy.  This one was also Trip neg, had 4 x FEC and 6 x Taxol and rads. finished tx mar this year.

Lorraine
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2007 at 1:19pm
Thanks Lorraine and Calgal for responding.  Calgal I should have remembered your situation, shame on me.

I was just curious as I had thought we triples had a tendency for distant mets and I was surprised to have it appear on the other side.  Confused

I'm so glad you are both doing so well.

Pam
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic