Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Mom, Kathie Maas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
chloesmom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chloesmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Mom, Kathie Maas
    Posted: Jul 25 2010 at 8:43pm

My dear sweet Mom, Kathie Maas,  succumbed to triple negative breast cancer this morning. She passed away very peacefully at 10:45 a.m. I held her hand and comforted her that it is ok to let go. She fought so unselfishly throughout this whole process, concerned only about her family and close ones around her. She was so courageous.  I wwill miss her so.

SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2010 at 9:01pm
Dear chloesmom,

this has been an incredibly long month for me and I found that when I read your post that I wept.

Obviously we don't know each other but your mom seemed like she was so special. 

You have my heartfelt condolences and prayers for you and your family..

someday this will end..I pray sooner than later.

always,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
zoomommy2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoomommy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2010 at 9:30pm
Chloesmom,
I am so very sorry to hear of your Mom's passing.  As Steve said, someday this will end, just won't ever be soon enough.  My prayers are with you.
Lee in Denver
dx6/09,stageII,gr3,(L)mastectomy 7/09,ACx4,Taxolx7,Avastin study,gall bladder surgery 1/10,4/11 Stage 4, mets to lung, 4/11 Started Taxotere and Xeloda, 5/11 Taxotere stopped, off Xeloda
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2010 at 9:58pm
Dear Chloesmom,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's passing.  Your love for her is very apparent in your posts.  I'm so very glad you were with her in the end.  Remember all the love and good times.

I hate this disease and pray that one day they'll find a cure.  Too many women . . .  when is it going to stop?

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Katastrophe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katastrophe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2010 at 9:07am
Hi Chloe, I sit here with sadness in my heart at your loss. No words can ease your pain. I think about my children endlessly, my wonderful husband, my beautiful mother, and the rest of my family and friends. I believe that they suffer more than we do. Its odd, once you are diagnosed, you go into survival mode and at times we try and control IT rather than let IT control us. During that time we find this knack of coping inspite of ourselves. Meanwhile our loved ones are falling apart because they feel so helpless. I know that sometimes I shut them out of how I trully feel because I can't bare the fact that I am the cause of their distress and I know if I let them into my world of fear and pain I will crumble. This disease brings with it a strength that lies deep within us that maybe we never knew we had. Your Mother sounds like she had this strength. It also seems she had a wonderful caring daughter and she must be ever so proud of you. I know it will take time for you to grieve, but remember this .... live your life to the full .... make every second count ... always keep a place in your heart that encapsulates her strength and love for you and you will do her proud. We are here for you if need to vent or simply to talk. all my love Kat
Age 49. Stg2 gr3 19mm lump in L/br 1 lymph node in L/br 3/14 lymph nod under left arm full clear bil/mast 6rds Chemo 3wkly 25rds Rad 18rds of Avastin finished treatment on 19th August 10.
NinaE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NinaE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2010 at 9:29am
Dear Chloesmom, my deepest condolences to you. May the memory of your mother be a blessing.
Stage IV at dx in Dec 09, at age 38. Mets to lung, axillary, IM and mediastinal nodes.

4xAC-->dd Taxol. Dbl mast, 6/10. Radiation, 8/10. NED since June 2010.
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2010 at 10:11am
Dear Dana:
I am so sorry to hear that your mom passed yesterday! Words never seem to be enough at this time, I know. 

Grieve a while then go on to live your life as your mom would want you to do.  Remember the wonderful memories you have along the way and be proud that you are a wonderful daughter and have been there by her side from day one to the end.  She will always be watching over you as you journey on.  Lift your head a little higher each day and know that you are truly loved by everyone you encounter.  We are here for you always.  May the Lord bless and keep you safely in the palm of His hand.  Another sister on the journey, Helen in NS
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
LRM216 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRM216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2010 at 10:53am

Losing a mom is the greatest tragedy, losing her to a disease she so valiently fought and shouldn't have had to lose, is even worse.  I am so very sorry this has happened to you and your family.  Know that you mom will always live on in you every day of your life.  May God be with you today and for all of your tomorrows.

Linda
Linda - diagnosed at age 62
Diag 2/23/09 IDC 1.2 cent. IDC right breast,Stage 1, Grade 3,0/1 nodes - Triple Neg
4 DD AC every two weeks, 1 Dd Taxol, then 3 Taxotere every three weeks - rads x 33
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2010 at 11:13am
Chloesmom,
I'm so sorry to hear that your mother died.  You have been a wonderful daughter to her, which I know she deeply appreciated.    I hope she will visit you in your dreams soon, restored to health.   My friends who've lost their mothers say that these visitations are the sweetest.   She'll come back to you, back as your mother instead of the sick child she became toward the end.   You've lost her dailiness, but not all the love and fun and good values she imbued within you through her many years of caring for you.  Those live on in you, and through you, in your children.
Much love,
Denise
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2010 at 11:15am
If you have an obit, with a picture of her even, could you please post it?  (just cut and paste) We'd like to honor her fully, and that means knowing her better.
love,
d
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
abcmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2010 at 11:22am
You are in my prayers.
Diag 11/06/09 @ 40; Diag w/ TNBC Stage IIA, Grade 3 12/01/09 Node Neg. Dble MX with Recon 12/09 (twice)
Chemo 1/13/10 Chemo done 4/22/10 More recon surg 07/10, PET/CT Scan clear 07/10 NED 07/11
abcmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2010 at 11:38am
I am deeply sorry for the loss of your mother.  I am kind of new here.  What was your mother's user name?  You and your family are in my prayers as is everyone here.
Diag 11/06/09 @ 40; Diag w/ TNBC Stage IIA, Grade 3 12/01/09 Node Neg. Dble MX with Recon 12/09 (twice)
Chemo 1/13/10 Chemo done 4/22/10 More recon surg 07/10, PET/CT Scan clear 07/10 NED 07/11
Serenitity View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serenitity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2010 at 1:26pm
that is so very sad, I wept.
aka Happy Go Lucky
member since April 22, 2009
MaryinSarasota View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryinSarasota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2010 at 2:02pm
You have my heartfelt sympathy for your mother's dying of this disease.
53 @ Dx 5/08 Stage 1, grade 3, IDC 1.6 cm, 0 nodes, TNBC, lumpectomy, chemo TAC-6, radiation-34 12/18/08
NED-10/09, PBM w/TE recon. 7/10, removal of TE/infec 8/10. CT chest. Rec fat-graft & stem cells
Debris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2010 at 2:27pm
Chloesmom,  God Bless you as you go through yet another painful journey - grieving for your Mom.  All the postings here say it much more eloquently than I can, but know that you did the best you could for your Mother, and helped her to have a "peaceful passing" at the end.

Deepest condolences.

Deborah.
4/12 Xeloda/Tykerb
2 Carboplatin
12/11 Dx IA
9 Gemzar/Taxotere Dx IBC:FEC
5 Ixempra/Sprycel
2 25 Rad
10/10 BRCA1-/2suv
9 NED
6 Stg4 Grd3 many nodes no Sx/Rad. Taxol/Avastin
06/08 Dx DCIS 0/SN Rads/AIs
Donnaquilt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnaquilt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2010 at 2:56pm
Dear Dana,
Please know that Ariel and I are praying for your mom, for you and for your family.  It was very special to speak with you on the telephone this morning.  Ariel and I understand your loss.  You are in our heart.
Love, Donna and Ariel
Sapphire Skies sister and daughter
mainsailset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2010 at 4:00pm
How breathtakingly beautiful to be remembered as one who was courageous, loving and loved. Thank you for sharing.
dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
chloesmom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chloesmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2010 at 5:54pm
BlankBlankBlank
Obituary

KATHLEEN JAVADPOUR MAAS 

|   Visit Guest Book

KATHLEEN JAVADPOUR MAAS, 67, of Collierville, TN, passed away on July 25, 2010 at her home with family at her side. She died after a 21 month battle with breast cancer. She is survived by her daughter, Dana; son-in-law, Joe Greer and their daughter, Chloe; daughter, Tara, son-in-law, Scott Haslock and their daughters, Nicki and Sydney; and son, Brian Javadpour and his children, Jaleh, Santiago, Mia and Izabella. Per her request, no services will be held. In lieu of flowers, donations can be sent to Aggies Hope Benefit Fund, 495 Joyners Campground Drive, Somerville, TN 38068. Mom, you made such an impact on our lives, you will be greatly missed.
diane1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diane1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2010 at 10:03pm
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I pray daily that someone somewhere will come up with something for us.
dx 4/09 at 36 yrs old. dbl Mast. 5/09. 12 weekly Taxol 4 FAC tri weekly. 32 rads completed 2/2010. Its Back 5/2010!! Chest wall, Mediastinal node, Lft mammary node and liver. Back on chemo.
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2010 at 2:46pm
Hi Chloesmom,

My sympathies at the loss of your mother. Thank you for sharing with us. We are a family here and having some knowledge about the death of a sister helps bring some closure for us TN Sisters.

Again, so sorry.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2015-9 yrs NED
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic