FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lung Nodule - Mets?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phoebesmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoebesmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lung Nodule - Mets?
    Posted: Jan 11 2019 at 2:50am
Hi, I had a double mastectomy w/clear nodes in June, 2017, followed by 6 months of the usual chemo, the red devil followed by Taxol. I have been in remission since Dec, 2017 until Dec, 2018, when a scan revealed 2 questionable nodes in my lung. 1 has grown from 4 mm in June to 7mm in Dec but my onc doesn't want to biopsy it yet, says it is too small and may give a false positive or false negative, plus the chance of a collapsed lung is too great. I'm 66. So if it has grown any by my next scan in March, she is going to biopsy it then followed probably with rads. 

I was an onc nurse for many years and have never known a lung nodule that got larger over a few months NOT to be cancer. My doc and family keep telling me it could be nothing but I am sure it is mets. I feel fine, but I've seen too much in my career not to have any reason to think it isn't mets. All my other scans were clear.

Has anyone else been in this situation and had a good outcome? Or a bad outcome? I would appreciate any advice/knowledge/experiences you could share with me. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic