FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Women Face Increased BC Risk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Women Face Increased BC Risk
    Posted: May 31 2008 at 2:25pm
Caryn and Pam,

Not only the hormones in the farm animals but a large percentage of our food coming from China and other countries. No strict laws guaranteeing that our food is safe. Of course I am not sure if the food here in the states is safe.

There is a teenager (16) in our town with ovarian cancer. Another young girl probably 18 or 19 with brain cancer.

When Lori was going for chemo, this hospital was administering chemo to probably 40 people a day. That is hard to believe, considering the size of our city.

Nancy
CarynRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarynRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2008 at 2:01pm
I have to think that it has something to do with all the hormones being pumped into our farm animals -- girls getting their periods at age 8, more and more breast cancer.  

Crazy world.

Caryn
Orig dx 6/03 - St.2a, IDC
gr.3,0 nodes, TNBC/BRCA1+
7/07 St 4 mets to nodes/lungs. PACA/Rads NED 11/07-10/08
Lepto mets 10/08
Rads for 4 brain tumors 4/10.
Leptomets return 6/10
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2008 at 1:30pm
Nancy I'm no authority but I tend to agree with you and Lori.  Too many getting diagnosed, something is wrong.
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
Nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2008 at 9:34am
Pam,

Thanks for posting this. Unbelievable that if you are born after 1960 you have a 40% chance of developing bc. Good grief!! That is almost a certainty isn't it?

Lori and I were discussing te fact that here in the US I believe that it is 1 in 8 women. Yet we have seen so many just in our area who have been dx, that those numbers have to be wrong.

Nancy

trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2008 at 4:54am
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/7427254.stm

"One in seven women could develop breast cancer if public health trends do not improve, experts warn."
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic