Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Today....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 77>
Author
josie33 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josie33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2009 at 4:07pm
Thanks Gerrisue--my sister felt very uplifted, especially when all the survivors got on stage and sang "We Will Survive" -- may sound hokey to some, but my sis was weeping and laughing and it felt good to see her experience that release within a community of women who have shared similar experiences (she has avoided chat rooms and web sites and other breast cancer support networks thus far).  Anyway, she was happy and felt a lot of love and support from famiy and friends, so that made it special all around.  
Sister DX'ed 11/08
Lumpectomy & SN biopsy 12/08
1.6 cm tumor, poorly differentiated, lymphovascular invasion, node neg (0/2)
Stage 1
DD A/C x 4, Taxol x 4, to be followed by rads
gerriesue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerriesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2009 at 4:41pm
Sounds awesome Josie! What a great thing to do with your sister.   But now I have that song running around in my head!
57 yrs. old at DX Oct. 2008 Stage 1, Grade 3, TNB, 1.7 cm tumor,Negative nodes TX partial masectomy, 4 rounds A/C, 4 rounds Abraxane
gerriesue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerriesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2009 at 4:46pm
Today I worked out for the first time in 7 months. Did some light weights, sitting on a work out ball. Some sit ups on the floor. Then helped my husband pick out and plant three rose bushes. I am tired and a little sore but it felt sooooo good to be able to do it all.
57 yrs. old at DX Oct. 2008 Stage 1, Grade 3, TNB, 1.7 cm tumor,Negative nodes TX partial masectomy, 4 rounds A/C, 4 rounds Abraxane
Terri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2009 at 6:00pm
Congrats Mary in sarasota on your new baby Sheila Approve 

And to gerriesue on your workout.  I have started back with light weights and last week I did the elliptical 3 times. Feels good!!
IDC DX 8/17/07 (age 41)
Stage 1 Grade 1-2, 1.35 cm
2 nodes neg, Lumpectomy 10/07
Chemo: FEC 100 x 6, 35 rads
BRCA 1/2 NEG
PET/CT & Brain CT Nov 09
Brain MRI Aug 2012 NED
debl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2009 at 6:14pm
Hi
This is my first post. Finished treatment last month.  Was able to walk over a mile today.  Getting ready for The Race for the Cure on Mother's Day.
You guys are all awesome.
Terri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2009 at 6:39pm
Welcome Debl Big%20smile

That`s great that you walked over a mile today only one month out of treatment! I hope you have a wonderful time at the Race. How many miles is it and do you expect to walk the entire thing?

Terri 
IDC DX 8/17/07 (age 41)
Stage 1 Grade 1-2, 1.35 cm
2 nodes neg, Lumpectomy 10/07
Chemo: FEC 100 x 6, 35 rads
BRCA 1/2 NEG
PET/CT & Brain CT Nov 09
Brain MRI Aug 2012 NED
Nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2009 at 9:07am

Hi there debl,

Welcome to the site, and congrats on all treatments finished!!Clap PLease come back and tell us more about yourself, and I am so sorry that you didn't find us when you were on that "unplanned journey".Wink
Hugs,
Nancy
Nancy
DD Lori dx TNBC June 13,2007
Lumpectomy due to incorrect dx of a cyst
mastectomy July 6 2007
chemo ACT all 3 every 3 weeks 6 tx Aug-Nov
28 rads ended Jan 2008
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2009 at 2:49pm
Hello Jill and debl, a warm welcome to you both.

I too look forward to hearing more about your stories.Smile
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
debl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2009 at 5:47pm
Thanks for the warm welcome,
I was diagnosed 7/08, thanks to my annual mammogram. Triple negative.
Started treatment shortly after.  AC x4, had tough time nausea, fatuige.
Started Taxotal 11/08 fevers began 2 days later, was hosptilized 12 days.
The Taxatol attacked my lungs causing pulmonary edema, it was a long road back after that.
I had surg 12/08 partial mastectomy, total axillary node disection 3out of ten positive.
Finished radiation last month.
Now it's time to get back to real life, which is harder than I expected.
Although I am feeling really good I still have the anxiety of recurrence.
Knowlege is power, and this site provides that.
You are all strong women, I'm happy to be in your company.
I am grateful for any and all advise on getting through this part of the journey.
Deb

gerriesue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerriesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2009 at 5:58pm
Hi Debi, I am still in radiation, but I am finding I still need naps sometimes. I am starting back to work next week while I am finishing up on radiation. I'll let you know how that goes. I am just starting to try to walk and do some light weights work outs. I was very active prior to all this and am hoping to get back to my pre-cancer routines and energy levels. I try to stay in the moment with worries about recurrence. So, no evidence of problems, no worries. haha..... As i said, I TRY to stay in the moment.....glad you are here.
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2009 at 6:18pm
Hi Deb, my goodness you had a hard time with that Taxol!  We have another member, Heather, who has had similar problems with fluid problems.

It is hard to get back to our normal lives.  Of course the normal you knew will not come back but as time progresses you will get back into the flow of routine, patience is all I know to tell ya.
You have only recently finished your radiation and before that you had alot of things going on with your body so it is just going to take some time for your body to try and heal.

I am happy to see you are feeling good, that is a good start.

We are very happy to have you here with us.  This is the most amazing group of people in our forum.  I agree, knowledge is power. 
There are alot of good people out there in the medical field but there are also some stinkers so research on our part can be crucial.

Advice for now, listen to your body.  Jump in and get busy but if your body begins to complain just go easy, slow down.  With time you will be buzzing around with the best of them.  Step by step.

Best wishes
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
Kathleen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2009 at 6:54pm
Today...I finished the 6th cycle of treatment. For me that was 18 "chemotinis" total. I've been on carboplatin & Taxol. Since diagnosis, my tumor marker has gone down "slightly". No new spread has been found - all continues to be confined to my lungs. (The "girls" were removed 9 years ago.) On Monday, May 11 I return to the Mayo Clinic here in Minnesota. My oncologist there will do a workup, and he and I will decide next steps at that time. I'll likely change drugs. So-o-o glad I live only 90 minutes away from Mayo. Will keep you all posted.
Yours Online, Kathleen

12/99 bc initial dx-stage 1, Nottingham-tenovus cells - bilateral mast.
6/08 TN cells, only in lungs
Treatments: 6/08-5/09 Taxol & Carboplatin. 5/09+ Xeloda.
karih66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karih66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2009 at 8:22pm
Hi, I am Kari. I'm pretty new here. I am 42 years old. My 4th of 6 TAC treatments is tomorrow. Most of the time I keep this cancer thing in the back of my mind, but I am feeling anxiety for the PET scan that will be run after the 6th cycle. My husband has been great at denial. It took him about 2 months before he could accept any of this. He is supportive now, but doesn't like it when I worry. When I get on the web I tend to get depressed. Once it's metastasized do we ever get a break? Or do we just fight treatment after treatment for every month and year we will get? I'm sorry to sound so sad in such an uplifting forum. Usually I have a great attitude.

Also, are there any things I should have my oncologist do now? I am reading and becoming confused. Can I find out if my cancer is basal-like? Are there tests on the cytokeratins or p53 gene mutations? Do I need to know where I stand with these things in order to choose the right drug next time, if it should be necessary?
Has anyone else had additional gene testing done? I tested negative for BRAC 1 and BRAC 2, but my genetic counselor talked about another test that would cost me about $400 and it might tell me other things.

I am so glad to have found you all. I was feeling so alone.

I did throw a totally awesome party on Friday night!!   
diagnosed 12/08. Mastect. 1/09
reconstr w/ expander in limbo
Grade 3, 5cm tumor, node neg.
Stage IV, Liver mets
negative for BRAC1 & 2
TAC, xeloda & navelbein
BrendaF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendaF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2009 at 3:37am
TODAY . . . . .

I'm watching my new hens doing their very chicken-y stuff out in my garden!  We got them on Monday night, and I had two eggs yesterday!  They are scratching, pooping, and weeding my garden so I will have a clean bare spot to plant in a few weeks.  Their house is seafoam green.
Dx 2005 2 cm, 5/12 nodes, A/C + T, 28 rads.
Dx mets 12/07 mediastinal and supraclavicular nodes, carbo + taxotere X 6.
brain, lymph, pleura, bone mets. Started Xeloda 8/24/09
Beth Anne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beth Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2009 at 10:14am
Today I am getting out of the hospital after spending the last week as a guest!Big%20smile

Look out family here I come!

Hugs,
Beth
Dx 5/07 DCIS Stage3 gr9 A/C x 6, Abrax x 16 Bi-Mass 2/08
Navelbine x 12, finished radiation end of July 08. DX Brain Met's 2/09StageIV
CK3/09.Brain resection4/09 WBR
Dreaming of dancing with Ned!
becca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2009 at 10:47am
I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less gray hair or a flatter belly. As I've aged, I've become kinder to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend. I don't chide myself for eating that extra cookie, or for not making
my bed, or for buying that silly cement gecko that I didn't need, but looks so avante garde on my patio. I am entitled to a treat, to be messy, to be extravagant. 

I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until noon? I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60 &70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love ... I will.

I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set.

They, too, will get old.
I know I am sometimes forgetful.
But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers,
or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and
compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face.
So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their
hair could turn silver. 

As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore.
I've even earned the right to be wrong.

So, to answer your question, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever,
but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day(if I feel like it).

BECCA

Age58 DX 12/07
Grand Junction, Colorado
Lumpectomy 1/08/08
Stage IIIA grade3
5/19 nodes
chemo 5/08 radiation 7/08
clear pet 9/08
MaryinSarasota View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryinSarasota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2009 at 10:55am
Well said Becca!

Happy Homecoming Beth!

I am having a large piece of chocolate cake to celebrate all of the above-mentioned.
53 @ Dx 5/08 Stage 1, grade 3, IDC 1.6 cm, 0 nodes, TNBC, lumpectomy, chemo TAC-6, radiation-34 12/18/08
NED-10/09, PBM w/TE recon. 7/10, removal of TE/infec 8/10. CT chest. Rec fat-graft & stem cells
Linda S View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2009 at 12:24pm
Happy Homecoming, Beth. Maybe now you can get some rest... something you absolutely can not do in a hospital!
Linda S
DX 5/08, A/Cx4,carboplatin, abraxane,bi-lateral mast
11/2008, 9 cm,21/22node positive.rad 5 wks; mets to mediastinum/lungs 4/09. Xeloda/Navilbine w/pending biopsy for skin mets.
CarynRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarynRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2009 at 5:15pm

I drove in my car to my mother's house for the first time in six months.  :-)

Caryn
Orig dx 6/03 - St.2a, IDC
gr.3,0 nodes, TNBC/BRCA1+
7/07 St 4 mets to nodes/lungs. PACA/Rads NED 11/07-10/08
Lepto mets 10/08
Rads for 4 brain tumors 4/10.
Leptomets return 6/10
cduvall1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cduvall1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2009 at 5:18pm
Today I had my first diagnostic mammogram since diagnosis.  No evidence of cancer!Big%20smile  To celebrate I bought another orange tree to plant in my yard and some flowers for the garden.Approve
Carol
dx 3/08 age 63, invasive metaplastic carcinoma, 2cm, node neg, grade 3, stage I, lumpectomy 5/08,AC 4x, Taxol 12x weekly, radiation 5wk, NED 4/29/09
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 77>
  Share Topic